Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

1 hour ago, useless said:

I would have liked to have listened to that talk he's given the players myself.

Maybe they would and it just wouldn't have gone public, but I couldn't see any other chairmen/owners doing this and taking on the responsibility. I think it's my favourite thing he has done so far.  

I'd like to think it was very inspirational and was a great motivation. Of course it could have been a boring powerpoint which the players were hardly listening to, but have a feeling that wasn't the case. I like the way he works.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I'm sure some must have videos. The holte chanted for him, then he jumped up, waving and giving the thumbs up to everyone. Fans went crazy. 

Loved it! He seemed to enjoy himself too.

• Like 1

He's clearly a total fraud.  Went to Rome in a FORD MONDEO? .  Actually thinking about it that must mean he is filthy stinking obscenely rich. An ordinary billionaire would go in his Lamborghini or private jet or yacht. You have to go clear through the other end of rich into eccentric territory.  His second car is almost certainly a battered 1974 Landover.  Mondeo is the day to day runaround. 

• Like 3

He totally owned the stadium (literally and figuratively I suppose) when he was announced before kickoff and came onto the pitch. Got a standing ovation. He is like our very own rock star. It is clear that the fans love him - lost count of the amount of Tony songs sung today. Surely no owner has ever had such a reception.

• Like 1

Just now, Lichfield Dean said:

He totally owned the stadium (literally and figuratively I suppose) when he was announced before kickoff and came onto the pitch. Got a standing ovation. He is like our very own rock star. It is clear that the fans love him - lost count of the amount of Tony songs sung today. Surely no owner has ever had such a reception.

our previous owner did at the start ;)

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Lichfield Dean said:

Good point, although don't remember it being quite like this! 

Hmm I remember the "USA, USA, USA' chants,

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Can somebody give me the lyrics to the Ford Mondeo chant? I tried to join in but the middle bit lost me. 

Dr Tony went to Rome in a Ford Mondeo, brought us back a manager, Roberto Di Matteo 

• Like 1

Â