Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

10 minutes ago, Pilchard said:

The Doctor doesn't own us, he is merely the Chairman - it's Recon that own us and that's worth remembering, I guess.

It all looks a bit fishy and I'm disappointed that we didn't immediately swing into action with a new manager, board brought in etc. We don't have the time to fanny about. 

Just these two bits.  First one he does not as yet and neither do RECON ,  own Aston Villa.  The deal is dependent upon passing the fit and proper person test.  So technically we are still owned by Randy Lerner.

Thats why the club did not immediately swing into action with a new manager and board as our ownership has not officially changed

4 minutes ago, Richard said:

Just these two bits.  First one he does not as yet and neither do RECON ,  own Aston Villa.  The deal is dependent upon passing the fit and proper person test.  So technically we are still owned by Randy Lerner.

Thats why the club did not immediately swing into action with a new manager and board as our ownership has not officially changed

But can Lerner/Hollis still put out of the deal? I thought the sale was completed pending approval from the Football League, so surely all of the paperwork is signed between Lerner and Recon?

Edited by KJT123

Just now, KJT123 said:

But can Lerner/Hollis still put out of the deal? I thought the sale was completed pending approval from the Football League, so surely all of the paperwork is signed?

and if the fit and proper person test is not passed the deal fails.  As i say until that point he/recon do not technically own us

In which case, having a club statement called 'Sale Confirmed' is mis-leading.

What I am most interested in is how they are buying the club. Is with a loan secured on the club itself, secured on something else, or straight cash like Lerner? I don't believe I've seen anything about this yet.

Just now, Pilchard said:

In which case, having a club statement called 'Sale Confirmed' is mis-leading.

What I am most interested in is how they are buying the club. Is with a loan secured on the club itself, secured on something else, or straight cash like Lerner? I don't believe I've seen anything about this yet.

Sale confirmed is accurate.  We have confirmed the club will be sold . However the terms of the deal have not yet been carried out,  ergo the test.

I believe the purchase price is straight cash.

Speculation is not holy grail. Relax. Lerner is gone, we all wanted this. Lets just wait to see what is going to happen. I'd rather have Dr. Xia in charge then Lerner especially going into the Championship. He had no interest of pumping any money in to get us up first time of asking. He lost his love and smile for us.

Everyone wanted Lerner out. He is gone, celebrate that for a second.

Seems Villa fans just look for anything to moan at.

My thoughts are that it sounds like he was a child prodigy, picked out by the Chinese government to study architecture abroad at Harvard, came back, designed lots of projects regarding the new cities (which seem to exist), it sounds like he was involved in the Olympic Park for Beijing, and he is now being used to expand Chinese investment over here, involving Villa, and they have created a company to funnel funds through in Recon.  Either that or it's a shady deal and we are buggered.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, deeps said:

Everyone wanted Lerner out. He is gone, celebrate that for a second.

Seems Villa fans just look for anything to moan at.

Yep. "Anyone but Ellis", then "Anyone but Lerner". 

• Like 1

I'm absolutely amazed that someone has not yet found a quote to elaborate on that somehow points to a triad connection!

I'm guessing a lot of the worry and fear is fueled by the experience of the great unwashed down the road with Far Eastern ownership

1 hour ago, Richard said:

Or he meant he would like a base in Birmingham so that when he came here with his family he had somewhere to stay perhaps?

He actually mentioned his wife and child, if my memory serves.

3 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

He actually mentioned his wife and child, if my memory serves.

Not disputing that at all,  and no doubt when he comes over he would like his wife and child to com with him. Who knows

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

I doubt he's moving here with his family. When he says "his family", what he probably means is that he knows someone else who has a family, or that he's familiar with the idea of families.

He mentioned his wife and child.

45 minutes ago, Daweii said:

It's almost guaranteed that he's not failing the fit and proper. 

I'd say its 80-20 towards passing. Might be a few questions regarding his unknown background and rumours of the government taking control behind the scenes.

Edited by meme

8 minutes ago, ramshackler said:

I've emailed the Football  League.

Someone needs to look at this properly, especially the dangerous links to Samuelson

:crylaugh: over reaction much? If there is an issue I'm afraid to tell you that an email from a fan of a club is hardly going to be earth shattering for them or they think "shit this fan has emailed us we must look into this"

People just calm down

• Like 4

Â