Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

5 hours ago, briny_ear said:

@Peter_Withe Besides smashing them through the game,please ask em go to China to study what's the real modern high-speed rail&good service

Hmm. So Villa fans are now being encouraged to contribute to Chinese government propaganda? I sort of resent that. 

If you do go to China be sure to wear a breathing mask to survive the abysmal air pollution.

Tony, please concentrate on us winning some matches in the shit league we are in and forget about advocating China vs UK.

Come on mate, how is a light hearted joke about late trains "Chinese government propaganda"?

I mean how do you even arrive at that? 

10 hours ago, Hughes said:

Seriously? This thrump the Dr. Tony's tweets in terms of "embarrassing" every day and twice on Sunday.  Please read back stuff you type before you post, this is just utterly stupid. IMO. 

Um, what does "thrump" mean, please? 

7 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

I've got no problem with Tony's tweets, it's quite nice that he's got a sense of humour. The train banter is all to promote the charity match, which is a good cause. Football is supposed to be fun after all. 

Not sure you are correct in terms of the train banter and promoting a charity match .

in terms of the owner people are far too defensive of him

• Like 1

Awful that our owner thinks nationalised chinese railways are better than Branson's expensive steam engines - communist brainwashing in its purest form. Thank god the biggest political party in Europe doesn't also think this, no wait... Tony what have you done!

• Like 1

thats a bizarre tweet, he cant handle tiny bit of criticism just like the Holloway tweet. even worse is I doubt many Villa fans have read this article (though they probably will now as he has highlighted it)

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

I take that tweet as he finds it funny, they know nothing about him yet have decided he's a crazy owner. Worthy of a laugh is in not?

That's how I read it too.

• Like 1

I like him more every day.

He's put a boat load of money in, and got stuff all return.

He's allowed people he accepts know more about football than him to find a list of acceptable candidates, and I will presume listen to any recommendations they have.

He'll have to tweet some real guff for me to turn on him even if this manager goes wrong. He can't do a huge amount more.

The next manager really has an open goal here. Look at our team, Jesus!

If a manager comes in and wins 9 of his first 15 games, he'll be absolutely lauded.

Edited by Tomaszk
  • Like 3

Like him or not you can't ignore a manager who has 4 promotions on his CV - lives locally and has openly said he wants the job. If Dr Tony can find someone better then great. But clearly if he unveils some rookie - who goes on to great the predictable mediocre results - than we have to question Dr Tony's judgement.

Lerner was an absent owner, who initially provided funds - his tenure was handicapped by a series of very poor appointments. Bruce has almost fallen into Xia's lap - if he rebuffs it for an other - we have to ask if we are any better off than the Lerner era !

8 minutes ago, hippo said:

Like him or not you can't ignore a manager who has 4 promotions on his CV - lives locally and has openly said he wants the job. If Dr Tony can find someone better then great. But clearly if he unveils some rookie - who goes on to great the predictable mediocre results - than we have to question Dr Tony's judgement.

Lerner was an absent owner, who initially provided funds - his tenure was handicapped by a series of very poor appointments. Bruce has almost fallen into Xia's lap - if he rebuffs it for an other - we have to ask if we are any better off than the Lerner era !

What if he has a better option?

3 minutes ago, Nigel said:

What if he has a better option?

Thats as I said - he has a Dyche or a better manager then great. 

But this could be similar to when we held onto Sherwood, let Allardyce go to Sunderland then chose Remi Garde. 

I think the option he will turn to will be Clarke TBH.

Â