Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

2 hours ago, sidcow said:

This reminds me of the greatest football chant ever. . After Andy Goram came out as being schizophrenic,  at the next match he played the other fans started singing "two Andy Gorams,  there's only two Andy Gorams" 

Hahaha yes! Love that chant ^^. 

22 minutes ago, VILLAMARV said:

Fair play to Dr X. When he took over 8 weeks ago all I wanted was some hope. Since then he has overseen more change than I expected. I don't have a problem with how much money he spends at this point because whether I agree with it or not the new team have a plan and I'm witnessing them trying to implement it. I expect us to sell before we buy not as some sort of conspiracy but because of the terrible financial position relegation + Lerner's tenure have left us in.

Not only that but the squad and the wage bill are still huge. The manager stated that the squad was too big and I assume that there's a huge difference between coaching 22-25 players at a time vs 30. There's a tipping point where the message becomes diluted. 

I don't think anybody wants another bomb squad situation. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, VILLAMARV said:

Fair play to Dr X. When he took over 8 weeks ago all I wanted was some hope. Since then he has overseen more change than I expected. I don't have a problem with how much money he spends at this point because whether I agree with it or not the new team have a plan and I'm witnessing them trying to implement it. I expect us to sell before we buy not as some sort of conspiracy but because of the terrible financial position relegation + Lerner's tenure have left us in.

Nzogbia, Richardson, Robinson, Crespo, Clark, Gil, Sinclair, Gana and Guzan are all gone from last years squad. It seems that they are trying to shift Lescott, Veretout, Sanchez, Bennett and most importantly Gabby. Richards is probably on that list (although I was surprised to hear he was on the bench on Sunday). That would be 15 players out if they all leave and apart from being exactly what was needed after the non whimper of last season its a huge departure from the last few years of constantly talking in the press about players leaving then when they dont, ending up with Sylla et al as some sort of pacifier to the fan base. 

I don't expect instant success but the hope is back, we are being way more pro-active and aggressive in the transfer market than I expected, the new board has football people on it and pretty much everything we've had to moan about under Lerner seems from the outside to be being addressed. Whether the team go on to earn the success we all crave is up to them and RDM. But as far as new owners go from what we've seen so far I'm pleased. Keep it up Dr X and happy 8 week anniversary!! UTV

Well said my friend UTV! 

Paul Mitchell has left Tottenham Hotspurs today. I wonder if he might be our new Technical Director, he used to work for Southampton, so there's a chance that he may know Andrew Stone.

• Like 1

Â