Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

Just now, lapal_fan said:

Shut up Lapal_fan you dickhead.  He's not hurting anyone, in fact I think his open communication with the fans is to be applauded, no one else has this, we're lucky.

And after the last 5 years I think his positivity is just what the fans need.  Build us up for something good, don't hold us down.

We're buying players, we're clearing out unwanted players, we're in an exciting league and we might win a few games!

Ok I'm sorry.  You're right. Sorry for being a Debbie Downer.

Let's be happy from now on! :):):) 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, lapal_fan said:

Shut up Lapal_fan you dickhead.  He's not hurting anyone, in fact I think his open communication with the fans is to be applauded, no one else has this, we're lucky.

And after the last 5 years I think his positivity is just what the fans need.  Build us up for something good, don't hold us down.

We're buying players, we're clearing out unwanted players, we're in an exciting league and we might win a few games!

Exactly.

20 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

Reported.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

the stuff today is creeping towards the worst of krulak

my season ticket hasnt come yet, infants shirts arent on sale...dont know who to ask? cant be bothered to find out? tweet the dr...

He's not batting them off to Nicola Keye yet though. 

3 hours ago, lapal_fan said:

I hate his Twitter stuff. It's embarrassing.  Seriously, you are a football club owner, show some restraint.  This isn't The Apprentice, you don't have to shout everyone down and imply that everything is going well consistently.  We're in football, we can and will fail sometimes.

Get off Twitter now you oaf.

Calling your own owner an oaf ?

I really don't get that at all ?

I personally agree he should leave Twitter.  I find his tweets entertaining, and genuine enough, and heartfelt.

But the questions going to him are already embarrassing and will need only the barest onfield problems to become hostile  - and what are currently pretty cringeworthy messages to him will become utterly embarrassing for us and unpleasant for him.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, terrytini said:

I personally agree he should leave Twitter.  I find his tweets entertaining, and genuine enough, and heartfelt.

But the questions going to him are already embarrassing and will need only the barest onfield problems to become hostile  - and what are currently pretty cringeworthy messages to him will become utterly embarrassing for us and unpleasant for him.

I think you may have missed a joke here.

Look at the 2 posts after it ;)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, StefanAVFC said:

I was ridiculously cautious in pre-season. Constantly thinking, this is going to be tough. 

From watching yesterday, even when we played atrociously, we had players in acres of spaces, Ayew pissing through defenders and midfielders without even trying. I saw absolutely nothing to scare us. It took an absolute fluke for them to even have a clear cut chance against us, at a time in the game when we were in complete control.

That's the first game. With players that won't be playing for us come September. Under a new manager and coaching staff.

As I said in the post-match thread, I just can't see the doom and gloom at all. We were comfortable yesterday and yes it's so annoying that we lost, but no team has ever won 46/46 games. We won't have a tougher away game all year than that and if it had finished 0-0, I don't think we would have been out of line to suggest we had edged it based on the 2nd half.

I agree I'm very surprised by the standard of the championship. Watched the highlights show on 5 on Saturday for the first time ever and most goals came from a mistake, not good play. I've probably only ever seen play off games or the last few minutes on a Saturday in the pub before our game kicked off at 3, of the championship before so had fallen into this media trap that the championship is very hard. Like you say, we weren't very good first half yesterday, with a new coaching team and new players still to sign, yet we deserved to win. We should promoted this year in my eyes...

Then the hard work starts for Xia, that's when he has to show his ambition.

2 hours ago, terrytini said:

It going to get messy if he doesn't slow it down soon. 

5 hours ago, lapal_fan said:

Ok I'm sorry.  You're right. Sorry for being a Debbie Downer.

Let's be happy from now on! :):):) 

How much more can a bipolar bear?

6 hours ago, lapal_fan said:

This reminds me of the greatest football chant ever. . After Andy Goram came out as being schizophrenic,  at the next match he played the other fans started singing "two Andy Gorams,  there's only two Andy Gorams" 

• Like 3

Â