Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

5 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Ha, Randy getting £52m... jesus, the amount of money that man has wasted :lol:

If he hadn't behaved like an absolute bell at the middle, and end of his tenure, i'd feel slightly sorry for him. But those "goodbye" letters really took the piss.

21 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

12th at Christmas would be fine given the amount of work we need to do to overhaul this rotten squad. 

It wouldn't but I was just making the point in that position he wouldn't be getting a huge amount of love on his social media.

Tony Xia plans to make club 'the biggest in the world'

daily mail

' Tony Xia finally, formally completed his takeover of Aston Villa at 3.25pm on Tuesday afternoon and then the Chinese businessman said: ‘Okay, good, now it’s time to make Villa the biggest football club in the world.’

6 minutes ago, JPAngel said:

Full Piece

Awesome read. I'm in love :wub:.

he certainly talks a good game. Slightly concerned that they're already prepared for losses of up to 20m this season but I guess that was expected.

Next few weeks will be very busy on here

He's talking the talk but after the last five years at Villa where we've had a constant stream of comments from players promising things will get better ending up with them actually getting worse then I can only remain cautiously optimistic, emphasis on the cautious.  Show us Tony, don't tell us.  

• Like 2

Just now, The_Rev said:

He's talking the talk but after the last five years at Villa where we've had a constant stream of comments from players promising things will get better ending up with them actually getting worse then I can only remain cautiously optimistic, emphasis on the cautious.  Show us Tony, don't tell us.  

Im quite happy he show and tell..

He has a clear idea of which players will be leaving Villa Park and of transfer targets for the summer. Four or five first-team players will be going, and perhaps more arriving, but new manager Roberto Di Matteo ‘has total control of the final decisions’.

By then, of course, Xia hopes Villa will not be in the Football League, but back in the Premier League.
‘Where they belong,’ he says.

I like the fact he wants to get on with it and says he wants Villa back where they belong. I love the fact its clear this is mainly a commercial decision and not to fulfil his ego. Ultimately successful clubs are the most profitable so I will not complain at this! :D

However only 4 or 5 first team players? Come on Tony, a few more eh? ;)

• Like 1

Just now, cyrusr said:

However only 4 or 5 first team players? Come on Tony, a few more eh? ;)

I'm hoping once the really poisonous elements have been removed from the dressing room then the lads who were being influenced by them will knuckle down and perform.  The problem we have on that front is that with the wholesale changes on the management and coaching side I'm not sure we have anybody who knows the squad well enough to make the call on who would be good if they weren't being led astray by the negativity of some of the senior guys. 

3 minutes ago, The_Rev said:

I'm hoping once the really poisonous elements have been removed from the dressing room then the lads who were being influenced by them will knuckle down and perform.  The problem we have on that front is that with the wholesale changes on the management and coaching side I'm not sure we have anybody who knows the squad well enough to make the call on who would be good if they weren't being led astray by the negativity of some of the senior guys. 

Can't they just ask Villatalk? We know everything :lol:

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Duck said:

he certainly talks a good game.

He does but I think he's in for a shock when he finds out how difficult it's going to be to achieve his goals. To get out of the Championship and back as a midtable premier league team will need a lot of work. 

Â