Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

3 hours ago, piav_k4 said:

I hear you, but my point was a general one about being realistic.

Chelsea aren't as big and those clubs, and look at how much Abramovic has thrown at it.

Maybe Tony has bigger plans :ph34r:

22 minutes ago, Deisler123 said:

I watched a few Villa games last season and I supported the other clubs.... (I know I am guilty on that....:))

Well at least you had more chance of enjoying the game that way. ;)

• Like 1

China is the biggest growing football market if the Dr can get us to being in the top 3 China we will be going a long way to being one of the biggest in the world. If we became China's number 1 team that's access to 1.5bn people never mind how many Chinese people are worldwide. We have a unique name in Villa and it'll be easy to publicise but first we need a team and listening to him he understands this. The next few years could be very exciting. 

"weve all seen chairman who promise the world and then deliver an Atlas"

Apparently a quote from Wyness. Or maybe a lyrics from a song, unless Wyness is quoting the song.

Edited by useless

28 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

ASTON VILLA is simply one of the most beautiful names ever!

"The beautiful name in the beautiful game", from John Gregory I think

• Like 3

This guys ambition is so exciting. We might look back and think he was full of crap but until he gives me reason to doubt him i'm going to believe and hope his words will come true.

8 hours ago, useless said:

Here

Wyness audio interview

New Aston #Villa chief executive Keith Wyness tells BBC WM there will be no instant cures to the club's problems.

thats my boy, bring us back down to earth.

2 hours ago, Razor said:

This guys ambition is so exciting. We might look back and think he was full of crap but until he gives me reason to doubt him i'm going to believe and hope his words will come true.

Well, judging by what he has built so far in his career.....He will look pretty stupid in the business circles he keeps, if he doesn't come anywhere close to his objectives.

2 hours ago, tismyk said:

"The beautiful name in the beautiful game", from John Gregory I think

and as Tom Hanks said " I liked the name"

.....Of course its special, its our crown jewels.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Deisler123 said:

Now, I am a Villa follower. Honestly I will be lying if I tell you I am now a Villa fan, as I haven't really watched a single Villa game in which I support Villa like a real fan does. Quite oppositely I watched a few Villa games last season and I supported the other clubs.... (I know I am guilty on that....:))

However I do plan to travel to Birmingham for a few matches next season to support Villa, and by that time, I will be confident in saying I am a Villa fan. 

And hopefully when I do watch the game at Villa Park sometime next season, you guys there would be very happy, instead of shouting 'Xia and RDM out! at VP'... :D

I have watched and supported Villa most of my life......but in the last few years I must confess, I have watched Villa through my fingers.:D

So Like you I can now claim to being a new fan.....and watching them properly.

Edited by TRO

Both Wyness and Xia have made reference to people making false promises and not delivering. I think if you are going to be full of sh!t you just make the false promises. They are both saying they know they have to deliver with actions not words and I believe them.

You would have to be a very special kind of chunt to go on about not making false promises whilst making false promises.... You just wouldn't bother going there I think 

• Like 1

Â