Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

4 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Despite how shit they are, I'm fairly certainly they could play in the Chinese top flight!

I think the point may be that clubs from the Chinese Super League wouldn't want them, more than their capability of playing there. I can't see many clubs queuing for them. 

1 hour ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Despite how shit they are, I'm fairly certainly they could play in the Chinese top flight!

Sure, I didn't doubt on if they are good enough to play in Chinese top league. They are certainly good enough, for the clubs in the lower half of the table (not the top clubs IMHO).

but now they may find it very hard to get a contract in Chinese Super league .

Reasons are:

1) There are only 3 non-asian foreigners who can play on the pitch - and all clubs use their 3 tickets on Strikers/wingers/Box-to-box/central mid. Only a few clubs have non-asian defenders in their squad (because it is economically not worth).

2) Chinese clubs always favor Brazilian and East European footballers (such as ex-Yugoslavia countries) (because of the success of players from those countries in the past). 80% of the non-asian football players are from those countries. 

3) Paul Gascoigne's story had a quite negative influence in China - although both he and his club in China were not completely innocent. 

Edited by Deisler123
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Deisler123 said:

I think Xia will be somewhere between Type 2 and Type 5, depending on how rich he is and if Villa can return back to PL asap (in 1st attempt).

The longer it takes Villa to return back to PL, the less financial confidence and beliefs Xia may have on Villa.

PS: There is no news at all about him wanting to buy a club in China. No one wants to sell Super league clubs at the moment - perhaps he can buy a club in the 2nd division and build up from that.

It is highly possible that Xia is aiming to buy a club in India - for his business development in India.

ive watched indian football, they have recently launched an indian super league, im sure nicholas anelka managed one of the clubs last year (maybe mumbai), theres only about 6 teams though an to be honest it was prettry awful stuff, they do also have a another indian premier  league which is shocking

1 hour ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

also have the Asian Champions League to tempt Bacuna

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, briggsy said:

Hopefully our sister club will pay us millions in 'consultancy fees' like Man City's do!!

thats the thing, its one bit loophole, consultancy fees, spread overheads, shared commercial deals, you just need someone clever at the top massaging the figures in order to give us flexibility with FFP

1 hour ago, villan-scott said:

I think the point may be that clubs from the Chinese Super League wouldn't want them, more than their capability of playing there. I can't see many clubs queuing for them. 

They can buy as may as they want - but they can only register limited number of foreign players.

3 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

thats the thing, its one bit loophole, consultancy fees, spread overheads, shared commercial deals, you just need someone clever at the top massaging the figures in order to give us flexibility with FFP

Someone at the top who's a bit dodgy to massage the figures you say?  Chris Samuelson says hi!

4 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

This is likely what Samuelson is here for. I mean you look into sister/feeder clubs and you see so many clubs are in on it. Yes sister clubs are not condoned or something the FA officially allows but this world is all about bending the rules. It's part of the reason this great club has slowly been left behind as we do everything above board, it's time to get a bit more shady like all the other big clubs.

• Like 3

With this talk of buying clubs in other cities (a la Man City). I just wondered what other cities you think would be suited to a Villa franchise? In USA I would've thought somewhere with a sizeable Irish population would make sense. China and India, I've no idea.

3 minutes ago, jon_c said:

With this talk of buying clubs in other cities (a la Man City). I just wondered what other cities you think would be suited to a Villa franchise? In USA I would've thought somewhere with a sizeable Irish population would make sense. China and India, I've no idea.

Well Chicago is twinned with Brum.

It's not so much about buying good football clubs it is about expanding reach. We likely won't need a club in China as a successful Aston Villa side will likely do insanely well in that market with good advertising. A club in the US, Australia and India would do well. Hit all large population bases and again these teams don't need to be all that good they just need to fulfil a role.

3 minutes ago, jon_c said:

Boston, New England Revolution but I dunno if it' feasible to buy MLS team, at least at this time.

Looks like theme parks are in - in China, perhaps we will see one at the villa after all..

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-china-36405450

"China's richest man has opened a massive entertainment complex to compete with US giant Disney.

"Wanda City", in south-eastern city Nanchang, features rides, shopping centres and an aquarium, and cost more than $3bn (just over £2bn).

Its owner, Wang Jianlin, said he wanted to move away from western imports and to establish a global brand based on Chinese culture."

On May 27, 2016 at 08:38, Jarpie said:

Boston, New England Revolution but I dunno if it' feasible to buy MLS team, at least at this time.

The owner isn't selling, but I wish he would...

On 27 May 2016 at 13:32, jon_c said:

How's about Birmingham, Alabama?  Just buy a chunk of the city, call it Aston, bobs your uncle.  

On 5/27/2016 at 11:46, villa4europe said:

though...

Xia said the team itself could be profitable if properly managed. "We believe sports teams can make profit and there are examples of that in the English Premier League already, that's why we bought Aston Villa - for its business potential, not as a personal indulgence"

Â