Relegation thread 2016/17

GingerCollins29

On 14 September 2016 at 22:17, Avfc96 said:

Were going to be flirting with relegation for a majority of the season, then string a few wins together at the end of March/April and finish between 15th and 19th.

I'm just waiting for the first time the manager says he "cannae fault the lads for effort" and/or "We go again."

So when I was at the U23 game vs Tamworth a few weeks back, a guy who claimed to work for Villa said to me "I probably shouldn't be telling you this but we're getting relegated again this season."

I assumed he was talking nonsense, but... well...

How do we solve the issue of constantly sitting back, soaking up pressure and waves of attack. Its inevitable that teams will score. Its happened to a number of villa managers now. Tony Xia represents a new era, new players yet we still don't have the resolve to beat teams. 

We need a manager that understands how to play the high pressing game, there are foreign managers out there that can succeed like Karanka. For too long we have been shit at corners, throw ins, last year our goal kicks were awful. What grinds me a lot is that when one of our players goes for a 50/50 ball the header or kick never reaches our player, we are terrible at retrieving the second ball. 

I wish there was another unearthed Klopp, maybe his prodige that can instill the high pressing team game that he incorporates into his teams 

57 minutes ago, gaffmaster said:

Our name is irrelevant in modern football. Reputations aren't worth sh1t.

Yeah look at the premier league. 8-10 of those clubs are 'smaller' than villa. No way should they be above us.. or Newcastle.. Leeds Nottingham Wolves.. but guess what they are. Sad sad times for Villa. Going to be a while before we get back. Dont think we will be relegated but promotion is a long way off. 

1 hour ago, gaffmaster said:

Our name is irrelevant in modern football. Reputations aren't worth sh1t.

agreed, our name is irrevelant.  Whats that got to do with the league table and our position.

I want to know how a team who has just spent £55mill+ gross, the most expensive Championship squad assembled in history, still had a number of premier league (barely) players in the team, has a Champions League winning manager, can't even make mid-table.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Did he then get back in his DeLorean and disappear in a puff of pink smoke?

Cause then we would have known he was a fake as the DeLorean didnt disappear in pink smoke

On 27/09/2016 at 23:00, Lichfield Dean said:

So when I was at the U23 game vs Tamworth a few weeks back, a guy who claimed to work for Villa said to me "I probably shouldn't be telling you this but we're getting relegated again this season."

I assumed he was talking nonsense, but... well...

He obviously saw the secret documents on Dr Tony's desk that mapped out how we are going to achieve this cunning plan.

Â