Relegation thread 2016/17

GingerCollins29

1 minute ago, Pilchard said:

Well it's already moved from 'relegation battle' to 'serious relegation battle'

Only because I knew that if I just said relegation battle people would say we're already in one (I don't personally believe we are).

4 minutes ago, Pilchard said:

Of course not. Only teams who can't win football games are involved in them.

Oh.

It's about the points actually. We're 2 points clear (not that that's anything to be proud of) and that's after only 7 games. I could quite easily see us winning not many this season but staying out of trouble due to the sheer number of games we draw.

Just now, Mantis said:

It's about the points actually. We're 2 points clear (not that that's anything to be proud of) and that's after only 7 games. I could quite easily see us winning not many this season but staying out of trouble due to the sheer number of games we draw.

Well let's hope we can improve our away form to get a few draws then rather than losing every game.

1 minute ago, Pilchard said:

Well let's hope we can improve our away form to get a few draws then rather than losing every game.

We've played 3 away games, drawn 1 and lost 2. It's totally unacceptable but that's hardly "losing every game".

2 minutes ago, Mantis said:

We've played 3 away games, drawn 1 and lost 2. It's totally unacceptable but that's hardly "losing every game".

if count Luton its 4 not to mention we havent won an away game since last August in league or cup

• Like 1

Depressing that if matches were 80 minutes long not 90 we would be 4th with 14 points right now.. We still have every chance of doing well this season, but it needs to start soon.

Edited by Daweii
  • Like 1

It will get better, it just has to.

But 9 points from 9 games is relegation form.

Currently on course for 46 points, something that would have gotten you relegated in 3 of the last 4 seasons...

2 hours ago, sne said:

It will get better, it just has to.

But 9 points from 9 games is relegation form.

Currently on course for 46 points, something that would have gotten you relegated in 3 of the last 4 seasons...

Eh? Surely 46 points was enough to stay up for the last 3 seasons.

Blackpool: 20th with 46 points in 2013/14.
Rotherham: 21st with 46 points in 2014/15.
Rotherham: 21st (again...) with 49 points in 2015/16, but the three relegated teams had 40, 39 and 30 points. So 46 points would be enough.

Barnsley needed 55 points to stay up in 2012/13. But that's one season in four, not three in four.

I'd suggest you're fractionally incorrect ;-)

• Like 2

9 hours ago, TB said:

Eh? Surely 46 points was enough to stay up for the last 3 seasons.

Blackpool: 20th with 46 points in 2013/14.
Rotherham: 21st with 46 points in 2014/15.
Rotherham: 21st (again...) with 49 points in 2015/16, but the three relegated teams had 40, 39 and 30 points. So 46 points would be enough.

Barnsley needed 55 points to stay up in 2012/13. But that's one season in four, not three in four.

I'd suggest you're fractionally incorrect ;-)

Haha yes you are right, my bad :blush:

46 would have finish on the place just above relegation, right?

On 14 September 2016 at 22:34, Daweii said:

Depressing that if matches were 80 minutes long not 90 we would be 4th with 14 points right now.. We still have every chance of doing well this season, but it needs to start soon.

No we would just crumble 10 mins earlier.

Â