Relegation thread 2016/17

GingerCollins29

I'm going to use this thread to put yesterday's result in to perspective. We totally destroyed them and then had a sucker punch to go 1-0. The team least season would have fallen apart in those circumstances but they showed great charachter to take the lead. Yes they got sucker punched again at the end but there are so many positives to be taken. I assure you  at the very least we will make the playoffs this season. I think this thread should be closed. 

Had a healthy tax rebate come through today. I'm getting married next year and so most of it is going to go on that. Saw we was winning 1-0 with 10 to go and joking said i should put all of it on a draw. **** sake!! 

I'm not much of a betting man but because i have very bad luck, i might start betting AGAINST villa, and confuse lady luck so either i lose a couple of bob or villa get some points. The rate its going i'll be bloody minted!

Panic stations is not a good place to be. There's a long way to go and turning on the players and manager already will just make them more and more nervous and the rot will set in so badly that even Mourinho or Guardiola wouldn't be able to turn it around. We've been there and got bitten in the worst possible way (relegation) so we need stability because we WILL NOT be relegated if we all just calm down and stick behind the manager and the players. 

We will easily be a top half side when all is said and done this season - if we don't give up on them! 

Edited by villarocker

3 minutes ago, NoelVilla said:

46 points haven't relegated any in the last 3 years. Oh what a joy!

How the hell are we going to reach 46 points when we lose every game away and at best draw at home? :D

Ipswich away on Saturday, so that'll be in the relegation zone after eight games.

Edited by Pilchard

Just now, bradarmstrong_ said:

Barnsley and Newcastle coming up soon, both currently in the top 3 . We could easily be on  1 or 2 wins from 10 games. 

Ipswich are a rugged Championship team as well so they wont be easy

1 minute ago, Pilchard said:

How the hell are we going to reach 46 points when we lose every game away and at best draw at home? 

As we have 7 points from 7 games I thought that was our projection. A bit optimistic maybe ;)

• Like 1

Â