The 2016 Takeover Thread

Sam3773

23 minutes ago, andyh said:

Hedge funds, venture capitalists , private equity firms.

i don't know vey much about high finance, but all of these 'labels' sound impersonal, and a bit like gambling with the club.

that said, high finance, and the right people in place might be the way to go for the future.

who knows?

40 minutes ago, MikeMcKenna said:

FWIW  I was told on Saturday by a former player that he in turn had been told by a very senior member of the coaching staff that a group consisting of Irish & American businessmen visited the club last week. They were said to be part of either a Hedge Fund or Private Equity firm. 

Given the name of the "very senior member of the coaching staff" I would say this is kosher ITK. But for obvious reasons I don't want to name that person publicly. 

Radio WM said much the same thing. 

Very few football clubs make money, and any potential investor will see from Villa's books that there is a long way to go to turn Villa profitable. Surely nobody would be mad enough to invest purely on that basis?

8 minutes ago, Genie said:

Very few football clubs make money, and any potential investor will see from Villa's books that there is a long way to go to turn Villa profitable. Surely nobody would be mad enough to invest purely on that basis?

There are more ways to make money than just turning a profit

eg. Buy for 70m in the Championship, spend 30m on players, sell for 150m in the Premier League. 50% ROI.

5 minutes ago, mwj said:

eg. Buy for 70m in the Championship, spend 30m on players, sell for 150m in the Premier League. 50% ROI.

Or sell Bodymoor heath etc !

Just now, hippo said:

Or sell Bodymoor heath etc !

Always a possibility. Thankfully those types of investors are relatively rare.

18 minutes ago, mwj said:

...but we're currently running at £30m annual loss, reduced revenue coming in plus Randy couldn't sell it for £150 over the past 2 years either...

3 minutes ago, JPAngel said:

How would people react to Villa Park being renamed by the new owners to generate more funds to get us back to where we should be?

Tsingtao Stadium anyone?

We'd all still call it Villa Park anyway.

• Like 3

I thought this part of the article was quite hopeful, recognising what villa means to us, the city and beyond. Also interesting that it frames the capture of villa as a prize for a Chinese company, I wonder if the Chinese have been trying to get a foothold at a big English club in the premier league for some time.. (albeit premier league is what we are aiming for).

Today, Rui Kang Group tried to buy at the bottom of the Villa Club, it seems to be once again display their capital management financial skills allowed the former glory of the renewed operation. For the football club regarded as the city's most precious cultural assets in English football, if the takeover is successful overwhelmed, Rui Kang will become the first Premier League club holding a Chinese company, a significance far beyond the merger business itself.

14 minutes ago, JPAngel said:

How would people react to Villa Park being renamed by the new owners to generate more funds to get us back to where we should be?

Tsingtao Stadium anyone?

Don't care, we would still call it Villa Park

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MikeMcKenna said:

FWIW  I was told on Saturday by a former player that he in turn had been told by a very senior member of the coaching staff that a group consisting of Irish & American businessmen visited the club last week. They were said to be part of either a Hedge Fund or Private Equity firm. 

Given the name of the "very senior member of the coaching staff" I would say this is kosher ITK. But for obvious reasons I don't want to name that person publicly. 

Yes. Aston Villa are re-locating to Belfast. John Snow is to be the new chairman and the Black Watch will be stewarding the ground.

16 minutes ago, JPAngel said:

Tsingtao Stadium anyone?

"The staduim of Screwfix"  sounds better 

1 minute ago, AntrimBlack said:

Yes. Aston Villa are re-locating to Belfast. John Snow is to be the new chairman and the Black Watch will be stewarding the ground.

God no, can't be having with Jon Snow, he knows nothing.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, hippo said:

Heard a whisper that UK consortium has 'Screwfix'  as a major backer. 

You misheard

We have been screwed

Now we need to be fixed

I am sure that is what was said

• Like 2

I heard that we were already near enough to sold.The only thing holding up the sale is a request by the new owners.

They want a larger than life statue of Gabby ( with no shirt and holding his palms skywards ) in the players tunnell and the players have to rub his tummy for luck as they go out onto the pitch.They also want the same size statue at all entrances to V.P so that the supporters can rub his tummy for luck also. Hollis is objecting to this an is saying they can only have a life size statue of Gabby. Once this issue is solved we will see the "sold" sign go up.

I just hope if it is the Chinese we don't end playing in a red strip and called Aston dragons then again if they intend to spend big bucks and have the likes of bale on the bench then **** it 

8 minutes ago, dpt666 said:

I just hope if it is the Chinese we don't end playing in a red strip and called Aston dragons then again if they intend to spend big bucks and have the likes of bale on the bench then **** it 

Would be a different club IMO - I'd hate that.

• Like 2