The 2016 Takeover Thread

Sam3773

A name finally - Rui Kang from Beijing Times

http://gbtimes.com/business/aston-villa-bid-talks-chinese-company

Recently-relegated English Premier League side Aston Villa are reportedly the target of a takeover by a Chinese consortium, as club owner Randy Lerner seeks to end his tumultuous nine-year reign at the helm of the club.

One potential suitor interested in purchasing the historic club is Rui Kang Group, with Beijing Times (link in Chinese) reporting that a preliminary non-binding agreement may already be in place.

The report also mentions Oracle founder Larry Ellison as another possible owner, with the world's seventh-richest man already a keen investor in yachting and tennis events.

Villa chairman Steve Hollis on Friday confirmed talks to sell the club were ongoing: “We are in very constructive negotiations which could lead to the sale of the club to a new owner."

• Like 1

Translated from Beijing Times, my Chinese is not what it used to be but I did my best (ahem Google translate ahem)

This season, the Premier League club Aston Villa veteran early relegation, team owner Randy Lerner once again decided to sell the team. Sky Sports reported that there are already as many as eight consortium hopes to acquire Aston Villa. Currently a consortium of Chinese and American Oracle lead in this takeover battle.

Villa came close to being acquired last year, Chinese consortium

Villa owner Randy Lerner in 2006 to 62.7 million pounds acquisition of Avila. May 2014, Lerner it through the official website announced the sale of Villa, "When I feel unable to help the club, I would be looking for a new owner of the club. I have accepted the Bank of America Merrill Lynch to sell Aston recommend Vera club. "

Last May, a Chinese consortium bid 150 million wants to complete the acquisition. On behalf of the Chinese side and even visited the Villa infrastructure and stadium. However, due to various reasons, the acquisition did not become a reality.

Aston Villa is a club founded in 1874, the team had in the history of the seventh won England's top league. In 1982, all the way through Villa won the Champions League, which is the peak time club history.

Of the consortium who want to invest in the Premier League for Aston Villa is a good choice.This powerhouse has excellent stadium and training ground, but also has a wider fan base. British Prime Minister David Cameron, Prince William, Duke of Cambridge and actor Tom Hanks are Vera loyal fans.

Vera battle: Chinese consortium PK Oracle

As of early this season Villa downgraded again frustrated Lerner wants to sell the team.

Gossip famous "Sun" reported that the world's second largest software company Oracle founder Larry Ellison intends to acquire Aston Villa, and Villa Club Oracle has conducted several rounds of negotiations.

Now 71-year-old Ellison is the world's Forbes Rich List ranked seventh in the super-rich, it has more than 35 billion pounds of assets.

Nevertheless, according to Sky Sports received, Lerner seems more rich and powerful Italian Chinese capital. In fact, Villa and the club has a mysterious Chinese company reached a preliminary agreement (non-binding agreement). The two sides will further secret talks and reach an agreement in May, before the start of the new season to ensure there is enough time to prepare restructuring team, and strive to rise over the new season success, the first step in the beginning of this veteran team revival.

According to British media reports, this mysterious Chinese company called Core Health Group. Two years ago, Rui Kang Group acquired serious adverse operating state-owned enterprises listed Lianhuaweijing flavor industry leader, with more than a year to achieve a business turnaround, restructuring the company changed its name to Lotus Health (600186.SH), enter the big health food and services.

Today, Rui Kang Group tried to buy at the bottom of the Villa Club, it seems to be once again display their capital management financial skills allowed the former glory of the renewed operation. For the football club regarded as the city's most precious cultural assets in English football, if the takeover is successful overwhelmed, Rui Kang will become the first Premier League club holding a Chinese company, a significance far beyond the merger business itself.

Rui Kang are an investment holding company - definition of :

An investment holding company refers to a company that owns investments such as properties and shares for long term investment and derives investment income ("non-trade income") such as dividend, interest or rental income. The company's principal activity is that of investment holding.

Aston Villa are reported to be in talks with a Chinese consortium about a takeover.  The Rui Kang group is said to be involved and Chinese sources are claiming that a preliminary non-binding agreement is already in place.

Rui Kang is a pharmaceutical company with foreign investment and a strong presence in Hong Kong. However, other reports refer to venture capitalists.

A sale price of £100m is being quoted.

2 minutes ago, VillaJ100 said:

In partnership with serious adverse operating state-owned enterprises listed Lianhuaweijing flavor industry leader,  we can't go wrong!

They will be doing well to get that on the front of the shirt.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, lexicon said:

Seems they deal with pharmaceuticals mainly. Hmm. 

Makes sense.  You'd need to be on drugs to want to be involved with Aston Villa right now.

• Like 2

FWIW  I was told on Saturday by a former player that he in turn had been told by a very senior member of the coaching staff that a group consisting of Irish & American businessmen visited the club last week. They were said to be part of either a Hedge Fund or Private Equity firm. 

Given the name of the "very senior member of the coaching staff" I would say this is kosher ITK. But for obvious reasons I don't want to name that person publicly. 

Hedge funds, venture capitalists , private equity firms.

i don't know vey much about high finance, but all of these 'labels' sound impersonal, and a bit like gambling with the club.

that said, high finance, and the right people in place might be the way to go for the future.

who knows?

7 minutes ago, andyh said:

i don't know vey much about high finance, but all of these 'labels' sound impersonal, and a bit like gambling with the club.

that said, high finance, and the right people in place might be the way to go for the future.

who knows?

They are all blood suckers.  Getting relegated, we were always in the grasp of these leeches instead of a multi billionaire who wanted a hobby.  Let the asset stripping begin.  Feck u Lerner our custodian!

11 minutes ago, andyh said:

who knows?

The "personal" part hopefully will and should be left in the hands of proper, knowledgeable football and business men.