The 2016 Takeover Thread

Sam3773

5 minutes ago, sidcow said:

So let me get this right. Other than one of the largest and most well appointed stadiums in the UK, the best playing surface,  some of the most extensive and best quality corporate entertainment restaurants and boxes,  the state of the art training ground the club shops including superstore around the ground and city Centre high Street,  the online store,  the largest following in the whole of the midlands and a global fanbase we have no other infrastructure worthy of the premier league?  It's a fair point. 

GIF-happy-interested-pleased-satisfied-y

• Like 4

50 minutes ago, sidcow said:

the online store

I'm sorry, but what part of having a online store gives you a premiership infrastructure :D.

All the others are fair comments btw, if indeed debatable in some cases.

29 minutes ago, Woodytom said:

I'm sorry, but what part of having a online store gives you a premiership infrastructure :D.

All the others are fair comments btw, if indeed debatable in some cases.

Well I should imagine that every premiere league club has an online shop so if we didn't have one the new owner would have to build one

Similarly I would imagine someone like solihull moors don't have an online shop therefore are lacking some of the infrastructure a premier league club would? 

interesting stuff in the news about china officially saying they want a big piece of the international football (and sports in general) market

id have thought owning a team and flooding the european market with sponsorship would be a big part of that, they already have a world cup sponsor and the tv rights, would expect them to have sponsors all over man city next year

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sidcow said:

So let me get this right. Other than one of the largest and most well appointed stadiums in the UK, the best playing surface,  some of the most extensive and best quality corporate entertainment restaurants and boxes,  the state of the art training ground the club shops including superstore around the ground and city Centre high Street,  the online store,  the largest following in the whole of the midlands and a global fanbase we have no other infrastructure worthy of the premier league?  It's a fair point. 

The players and managers are usually c**p is I think the gist of Richard's argument.

It's a fair point though, if it is to be the Chinese mob we've seen spending bucketloads of money can only get you so far...we need proper qualified people in chief exec position, maybe have a technical director/D.O.F, PROPER SCOUTING (I can see where Richard is coming from now) rather than that kid playing FM in Australia and also a structure where academy players can actually play well when they get promoted to the first team rather than do o.k and then fizzle out after 10 games. Teams like Southampton have that structure, we don't.

It's why I'm disappointed Bernstein has moved on, he'd have been a good football person to advise new owners on where to start and who to appoint imo.

• Like 2

The Chinese are heavily investing in their own football structure so doubt they'll be Man City owner types if they are Chinese.

My biggest concern is Randy choosing the right buyers. Like Doug before him, I understand he his looking to find the best owners for the club.......he's not exactly got pedigree in the decision making respect. 

Edited by Holtern8
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Holtern8 said:

The Chinese are heavily investing in their own football structure so doubt they'll be Man City owner types if they are Chinese.

What would be interesting is if the potential Chinese consortium involved some parties that are also currently investing within the Chinese game. I imagine this would be reported already if it was the case, but it would not be the craziest idea. You have a club like Man City already doing this with NYFC and Melbourne City...so who knows, maybe someone like the Alibaba group wants further exposure abroad and would invest in the club. 

8 hours ago, VillaChris said:

The players and managers are usually c**p is I think the gist of Richard's argument.

It's a fair point though, if it is to be the Chinese mob we've seen spending bucketloads of money can only get you so far...we need proper qualified people in chief exec position, maybe have a technical director/D.O.F, PROPER SCOUTING (I can see where Richard is coming from now) rather than that kid playing FM in Australia and also a structure where academy players can actually play well when they get promoted to the first team rather than do o.k and then fizzle out after 10 games. Teams like Southampton have that structure, we don't.

It's why I'm disappointed Bernstein has moved on, he'd have been a good football person to advise new owners on where to start and who to appoint imo.

Totally agree all of these but this is personnel not infrastructure.  All new owners change the personal anyway so even if we had half decent people in situ the majority would change anyway 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

Totally agree all of these but this is personnel not infrastructure. 

That's what is confusing the issue.  People are debating over the term 'infrastructure' rather than the underlying point.  To me infrastructure means the hard assets, structures, facilities and systems - all the things people have pointed to.  Under that definition Villa clearly have a premier league infrastructure, including things like scouting networks.  What Richard seems to be arguing (correct me if I'm wrong) is that the quality of personal in those roles, and our general capabilities in key areas, are insufficient, which is very hard to argue with.  So while I think Villa do have a premier league infrastructure, I agree with his underlying point that the quality of personal within it are insufficient.

Edited by Gary Thomas
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, sidcow said:

Well I should imagine that every premiere league club has an online shop so if we didn't have one the new owner would have to build one

Similarly I would imagine someone like solihull moors don't have an online shop therefore are lacking some of the infrastructure a premier league club would? 

Yes Solihull moors are one thing, but, doncaster rovers for example, certainly have one.

17 minutes ago, Woodytom said:

Yes Solihull moors are one thing, but, doncaster rovers for example, certainly have one.

I take it you're a secret one direction fan to know this?? 

1 hour ago, Gary Thomas said:

That's what is confusing the issue.  People are debating over the term 'infrastructure' rather than the underlying point.  To me infrastructure means the hard assets, structures, facilities and systems - all the things people have pointed to.  Under that definition Villa clearly have a premier league infrastructure, including things like scouting networks.  What Richard seems to be arguing (correct me if I'm wrong) is that the quality of personal in those roles, and our general capabilities in key areas, are insufficient, which is very hard to argue with.  So while I think Villa do have a premier league infrastructure, I agree with his underlying point that the quality of personal within it are insufficient.

In other words Gary - We are full of Shit ;););)

10 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Partly the personnel being crap yes but the main thing is the org structure,  which is very much part of the infrastructure of the club,  is shagged.  We do not have one,  the culture , the philosophy ,  the way we do things this is the infrastructure.  Doncaster could build a top notch ytraing facility and a 40k stadium,  would they have a premier league infrastructure? 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Richard said:

Partly the personnel being crap yes but the main thing is the org structure,  which is very much part of the infrastructure of the club,  is shagged.  We do not have one,  the culture , the philosophy ,  the way we do things this is the infrastructure.  Doncaster could build a top notch ytraing facility and a 40k stadium,  would they have a premier league infrastructure? 

No, this doesn't work.  The initial point came from someone stating we are attractive to investors because we have a Premier League infrastructure.  Clearly, this would mean the organisational structure would be replaced as, y'know, we'd have new owners etc.

And yes - if Doncaster built a new stadium and improved their training facilities (amongst other things) to a top notch level, they would be developing a Premier League infrastructure.  See:  Manchester City.