The 2016 Takeover Thread

Sam3773

8 minutes ago, bobzy said:

And yes - if Doncaster built a new stadium and improved their training facilities (amongst other things) to a top notch level, they would be developing a Premier League infrastructure.  See:  Manchester City.

Yes but my point was that an online shop is not an indicator of a prem infrastructure.

It's pretty much a basic for every respectful business. 

1 minute ago, Woodytom said:

Yes but my point was that an online shop is not an indicator of a prem infrastructure.

It's pretty much a basic for every respectful business. 

Yeah, I was responding to Richard r.e: Rovers building a 40k stadium and having top training facilities.

Agreed r.e: online store ;)

http://www.standard.co.uk/business/race-to-buy-aston-villa-heats-up-as-ice-hockey-boss-david-freeman-enters-fray-a3244416.html

Race to buy Aston Villa heats up as ice hockey boss David Freeman enters fray

US venture capitalist David Freeman, chairman of ice hockey team Nashville Predators, is vying to buy relegated football giant Aston Villa, the Standard has learnt. 

The little-known entrepreneur, who runs private equity firm 36 Venture Capital, is one of several suitors interested in buying the club from current US owner Randy Lerner.

Freeman has set up a vehicle called AVFC 1874 to make his move for the Midlands club. 

Dealmakers say the team’s relegation from the Premier League has spurred a new impetus in negotiations, which had previously stalled due to disagreements over price and Lerner’s concerns to find the most suitable buyer. 

Lerner, who owned the Cleveland Browns, put the club up for sale in 2014 with a £200 million price tag, but relegation to the Championship — the first time the club has dropped out of the top flight in nearly 30 years — has cut the price to around £100 million.

A pack of other buyers have also been linked to the club, including a Chinese consortium and Oracle founder Larry Ellison. 

Last year it was also reported that the former Arsenal and England defender Tony Adams was leading a consortium called Halo to try and buy the team.

Freeman made his money from a medical waste business he founded called Commodore Medical Services. 

Freeman and Aston Villa did not comment

David Freeman of 36 Venture Capital.

One of the first things that comes up on a Google search is this:

In an email sent to senior staff at the Nashville Predators and forwarded to The Tennessean, team chairman and principal owner David Freeman admitted that cash-flow problems are forcing him to sell off some assets in order to pay his tax debt to the IRS. 

http://www.ontheforecheck.com/2009/11/30/1179888/nashville-predators-principal

Out of the frying pan and into the fire?!

• Like 1

This guy does not excite me. Can't find his net worth (though Nashville Predators are 26th in NFL), that tax thingy (he btw quit as chairman of the Predators in 2010 because of the tax thingy. Hopefully someone else buys us. And he is American ! they are clueless on how to run football teams

Edited by Chicken Field

The article says negotiations stalled last time over Lerner's concerns to find the most suitable buyer. I can't help but feel that it won't be this guy taking us over - Lerner surely will still have the same concerns, and would be under no pressure to sell to him given the interest from other folks being reported.

Lerner couldn't find his own arse with both hands and a map. The idea of any negotiations stalling because the people failed his screwed up idea of the fit and proper persons test really worries me.

• Like 1

Randy saying "I'll only sell to suitable owners"

means

"I'll sell to the highest bidder"

Being the most suitable for him.

Every Idiot needs an excuse for failing. Our Randy is the biggest idiot in our club.

This doesn't add up for me.  Steve Hollis' statement was “there has been no shortage of parties but our negotiations are now with those parties that we believe will have the passion and ambition to return the club to winning the highest honours in European football."  Surely that would not be this Freeman fella unless he is part of a consortium. 

Edited by Gary Thomas