The 2016 Takeover Thread

Sam3773

I'd say that the worlds 5th richest man probably couldn't even set foot in England without someone noticing, let alone VP. Some people will fall for this twaddle. 

7 minutes ago, Mantis said:

I wish people (not referring to you) would stop pushing this made-up BS.

I can 100% guarantee that Ellison WAS at Villa Park today.

I'm not referring to Larry Ellison, CEO of Oracle and worlds 5th richest person though.

5 minutes ago, av1 said:

I'd say that the worlds 5th richest man probably couldn't even set foot in England without someone noticing, let alone VP. Some people will fall for this twaddle. 

Maybe he was wearing a disguise, didn't happen to spot anyone looking like this?

19712538-mmmain.jpg

• Like 1

It can't be Chuck Norris.  This is the dude who has already been to Mars only to realise that there are no signs of life.  The dude who doesn't wear a watch because he decides what time it is and the dude who made a happy meal cry (I'm also informed that he gives Freddy Krueger nightmares).  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, PieFacE said:

Okay,  don't shoot the messenger I've heard a little bit of info from someone with 'connections' let's say.  It's not too much different from what's reported in the paper but with an extra bit of info.  Apparently,  there's 3 groups (USA,  UK and China) who have had offers accepted for the club and they have passed due diligence with all of them.   A fourth group have come in from the middle east who's made their wealth through oil but they feel they are a bit late.  Lerner and Hollis are currently deciding who to sell too. They definitely will sell,  but deciding who will be best.  

#PieTK

So as a period of due diligence can normally take at least a month do we assume that all 3 of these parties have been around the whole time of Mervyn and Bernie? Maybe they didn't know which is why they felt aggrieved and why Hollis released his statement...?

17 minutes ago, dudevillaisnice said:

I think we need someone (or multiple people) with a plan/vision rather than the richest person possible. 

We would be in a hell of a position to get said people/persons, and implement a "plan" with the richest person possible though.

• Like 1

My mate said Little said on the radio that a deal was close. Anybody hear that?

I didn't hear it on the radio, but someone on Twitter (@astonvillaeost) posted a photo of Little at the North Stand gates with the caption:

'Little was open about take over. He said it was close. I never post this kind of thing. Fantastic!'

22 minutes ago, dudevillaisnice said:

I think we need someone (or multiple people) with a plan/vision rather than the richest person possible. 

Conversely, the reason self made billionaires get to where they are is because of great plans/vision. 

31 minutes ago, dudevillaisnice said:

Nah f that. Plan and vision can be employed. Money can't. Get the money men in please.

• Like 1