The 2016 Takeover Thread

Sam3773

8 minutes ago, choffer said:

8/10 WB

Your either

A) An 80's bloke rocking with the shoulder pad trend.

Or

B) A sexual deviant going by the logic that she's sexually frustrated and she'd be a grateful demon in the sack. 

I'm going B 

Why has my B turned into a smiley?  :crylaugh:

Edited by av1

Hate posts like that where people state opinion as fact. It's improbable, yes, but no one knows for certain so stop acting like you know. You'd only get pissy if someone stated the opposite as true.

Also, just because someone is worth billions doesn't mean they can spend their money willy nilly and sharing amongst a consortium also means sharing the responsibilities, costs and risk. These people don't make their money by taking stupid gambles.

Edited by Ginko

2 hours ago, Rob182 said:

I didn't hear it on the radio, but someone on Twitter (@astonvillaeost) posted a photo of Little at the North Stand gates with the caption:

'Little was open about take over. He said it was close. I never post this kind of thing. Fantastic!'

I was handing out banners with my son outside the north stand and little came over and had some photos with a few kids .... His words were "the take over is done" I wouldn't expect him to lie... He stopped short of saying which consortium it was though. 

Edited by Uppernorthstander
  • Like 4

15 minutes ago, VillaForever1970 said:

People do realise that Ellison is not buying us yes?

Why would one of the richest people alive need a consortium?

Regardless that he's mega rich doesn't mean he'll spend it all on buying Messi for the Villa, Lerner has plenty doesn't spend a penny on us anymore does he.

Think it is Ellison buying us in a consortium, Doug Ellis's Son.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Uppernorthstander said:

I was handing out banners with my son outside the north stand and little came over and had some photos with a few kids .... His words were "the take over is done" I wouldn't expect him to lie... He stopped short of saying which consortium it was though. 

No he's lying, VT told me so

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Uppernorthstander said:

It went from "Close " for the Twitter poster to "done" for you ... Did Little stop for a board meeting as he walked around outside the North Stand ?

Edited by tonyh29
  • Like 1

I was told today by an ex associate of the club that the fans are going to be very happy with the takeover.  Dont know if he was joking as i approached him and asked out of blue.  He wasnt smiling or laughing but it could just be to get rid of me. I also had a few beers in me.

1 minute ago, Uppernorthstander said:

No but he was in a supporters trust meeting before the game....

so the fan consortium that are buying us are part of the supporters trust and told him the good news ......

• Like 2