The 2016 Takeover Thread

Sam3773

7 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

Is the consensus we were going to be taken over anyway or do we have the irony of being relegated to thank for us having a glimmer of hope for the future now?

If you believe the stuff about him first looking to buy Marseille for around £60-80m then it might be a case of relegation dropped us in to his price range 

6 hours ago, useless said:

Wyness is quoted as saying that they're not going to get rid of Doug and he'll keep his honorary title.

Rather than teasing us all, can you say where you've seen that. If you can't link and quite then at just name the site or publication so someone else can.

On 6/19/2016 at 11:43, AntrimBlack said:

Yeah. We won the League and the European Cup.

And he came from Birmingham City, quite the Villa fan. First owner to pay himself a salary. Penny-pinching egomaniac. If you had a free seat in the directors box, would you not be there every week.

Not last year no.....I thought they sent naughty kids there.:)

• Like 1

I'll just say this once and finally. If that old git Ellis had of had his way before he was ousted by bendall then we would not have won the league or European cup as he wanted to become chairman and get rid of Saunders. Thank god that man failed! Don't like him never have and I've met him personally the condescending little s**t and made my opinion even stronger after what he said to me! K-nob 

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, nazvfc said:

Don't like him never have and I've met him personally the condescending little s**t and made my opinion even stronger after what he said to me! K-nob 

Doug called you a "K-nob"?

• Like 1

On 19/06/2016 at 23:44, John said:

Pat Matthews was the one who took control of the club and put the bulk of the money into it in 1968. He brought in other investors and directors one of whom was the one that you have mentioned.

That man came to us from Small Heath, tried to takeover Wolves in the early 80s and now has a stand named after him at Villa Park. That man took millions more out of the club than he ever put into it, rewarded himself very well for the time he spent at the club and referred to Villa fans as being merely "men of the terraces".

John Lerwill said that he is "not defending everything" that our President Emeritus has done. I will not be defending anything that he has done. But that is water under the bridge and we now have a new owner. My focus is on his potential to prove a far better custodian than the two that went before him were.  

Well said, John. I think we have a duty not to allow history to be re-written.

• Like 1

If we do buy other clubs and after Wyness's quotes it seems more likely <<<<

I wonder what fans of those clubs will think of potentially having to have the Villa name incorporated into their name. I mean I presume most of us wouldn't have liked it if say Red Bull bought and incorporated their name into ours.

1 minute ago, useless said:

If we do buy other clubs and after Wyness's quotes it seems more likely <<<<

I wonder what fans of those clubs will think of potentially having to have the Villa name incorporated into their name. I mean I presume most of us wouldn't have liked it if say Red Bull bought and incorporated their name into ours.

Obviously try not to do it to clubs with a lot of history.

Look at Man City. NYCFC is a brand new club. Melbourne City took over a club that was 4 years old, Melbourne Heart. Heart fans sooked about it a bit but if we're being real, they were 4 years old. Nobody cares.