The 2016 Takeover Thread

Sam3773

11 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

I'm really looking forward to this appointment, I think it will tell us quite a lot about the intentions and the ambitions of the club moving forward.

Gissus a clue....

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

I'm really looking forward to this appointment, I think it will tell us quite a lot about the intentions and the ambitions of the club moving forward.

Does it rhyme with Fortese?

• Like 2

It's hard to speculate on a name, because we (or at least I) don't even know what the role of a Technical Director will entail. Cortese's name will always come up, but I would have thought that if we were going to be hiring him, he'd be doing Wyness's job instead of Wyness, but maybe not. If it's someone who's going to oversee all the scouting, then it might be someone like Frank Arnesen.

Sorry I didn't mean to imply I know who it is, for clarity I don't.

I agree with the above post, I think this is a roll for one of those infamous 'football people' rather than someone like Cortese who I can't really see is needed with the personnel already on board.

I think it will be of international standing in the game in a playing and probably managing capacity.

I'd assume they will be here to head up scouting networks, coaching and development and be involved building this club network.

I'd be very surprised if they are British, more likely to be from Southern Europe or South America I'd assume.

It will likely be someone like Sven but hopefully not the man himself.

I'm really eager to see who it is.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LakotaDakota said:

Would like to see Houllier back

PA-10516707.jpg

Or has he gone to Lyon?

I was about to suggest Houllier. We should have appointed him on the Villa board instead of paying his compensation when he couldn't manage us anymore. 

• Like 2