The 2016 Takeover Thread

Sam3773

An unknown Spanish club was mentioned a week or so back. In some cases, especially with European clubs, it might just be a case of forging partnerships, rather than Recon actually buying the clubs out.

1 hour ago, Villan4Life said:

This is one i saw a few days ago. Saw another 2/3 other tweets when i searched for more but although guy says "He is hoping" noticed he works in journalism in Australia and has articles in various football magazines. Maybe he might have heard something and he is hoping.

Cheers, strikes me as more 2+2 than anything else

2 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

Cheers, strikes me as more 2+2 than anything else

It is:

• Manchester City buy out Melbourne Heart (and rename them Melbourne City)
  • Tony Xia mentions he want's to buy more clubs
  • Brisbane Roar is for sale.

Mind you, as stated earlier, you can pick up an A-League club for the price of a decent Championship player. Chump change, really.

Wyness has said that Xia is in negotiations at the moment, but nothing will be announced this week. From that it sounds like something could happen fairly soon. I think he was in the US recentlyishly (going by his Weibo) so maybe he's found a smallish club there, to invest in.

3 hours ago, useless said:

Wyness has said that Xia is in negotiations at the moment, but nothing will be announced this week. From that it sounds like something could happen fairly soon. I think he was in the US recentlyishly (going by his Weibo) so maybe he's found a smallish club there, to invest in.

Honestly loving these frank and talkative directors (Xia, Wyness) whom fans can reach to for support. Creates a bonding that you never got with Lerner.

6 hours ago, useless said:

An unknown Spanish club was mentioned a week or so back. In some cases, especially with European clubs, it might just be a case of forging partnerships, rather than Recon actually buying the clubs out.

Kind of proves that Xia won't be getting bored of the club in 3 years time. Buying other clubs with strong affiliations with your main club is always long-term.

1 hour ago, meme said:

Honestly loving these frank and talkative directors (Xia, Wyness) whom fans can reach to for support. Creates a bonding that you never got with Lerner.

Huh? Playing Devil's advocate here, but didn't we have a number of General Krulak threads in which the fans could post questions straight to a director? 

It's kind of cool, but we've been here before. Perhaps that's why I'm not feeling the love for it so much. 

Edited by Morley_crosses_to_Withe

2 minutes ago, Morley_crosses_to_Withe said:

Huh? Playing Devil's advocate here, but didn't we have a number of General Krulak threads in which the fans could post questions straight to a director? 

It's kind of cool, but we've been here before. Perhaps that's why I'm not feeling the love for it so much. 

Still, it's kind of cool when your owner is on social media... :detect: 

Edited by meme

Random question cos I know nothing about what this means, but will Brexit affect Xia's plans? Such as the amount available for him to spend, cost/value of players rising or dropping, etc?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ghost said:

Random question cos I know nothing about what this means, but will Brexit affect Xia's plans? Such as the amount available for him to spend, cost/value of players rising or dropping, etc?

i literally just asked the same in takeover thread, value of the pound has dropped like a brick!

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

The interesting thing for me is to see what we'll do around visas etc.

Since we've voted out of the free movement of labour tenet, strictly speaking all players coming in from the EU will need a work permit to play here. We all know how well that turned out last time we applied for one.

• Like 1

On 23/06/2016 at 10:07, Villan4Life said:

This is one i saw a few days ago. Saw another 2/3 other tweets when i searched for more but although guy says "He is hoping" noticed he works in journalism in Australia and has articles in various football magazines. Maybe he might have heard something and he is hoping.

My two clubs under the same umbrella... must say I didn't see that one coming

5 hours ago, Ghost said:

Won't matter very much.

a A guy like Xia will have cash in multiple countries, not just UK

b Market volatility won't last long

4 hours ago, villa4europe said:

If anything won't it mean his yuan will be stronger vs the pound meaning he could potentially get more for less at the moment?

it might be time to do some shopping 

True, but problem is I assume he has already placed the 600 pounds into the UK. Either way, I'm hoping they have some financial geniuses who know how to work it out. For all you know they probably waited for it to drop to buy! lol

11 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

i literally just asked the same in takeover thread, value of the pound has dropped like a brick!

Could actually be a smart business move. Yuan to Pound is now at it's highest ever height. When the economy reestablishes itself, he could have made quite a lot of money if he transfers his Villa Money now.

Hopefully he doesn't use one of our terrible Villa debit cards! ;)

Edited by meme