The 2016 Takeover Thread

Sam3773

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

Makes you wonder why its taken so long for these bids to come in? Shame wasnt around xmas time we might have had a chance to stay up.

I would assume the price has dropped dramatically with thw relegation 

I reckon relegation has pushed randy over the edge, he just wants rid now 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BigJim said:

Way I read the BMail story is that there is an British group that have been accepted as one of the three bidders, and another 'mystery' British consortium who haven't quite got their act together yet.

The story looks approximately authentic to me (as a totally OTK observer).

I first read it like that but I think they were just referring to the timescale of a deal being done-ish by the weekend as in The Sun article, I'd presume if it is all true, they are one of the 3 given permission to check over things.

3 minutes ago, Phumfeinz said:

Ellison would be the dream, but let's wake up here. We're Aston Villa, we'll get flogged to some dodgy consortium made up of used car salesmen and poultry importers.

then our new shirt sponsors would be webuyanychicken.com

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, AlwaysAVFC said:

I first read it like that but I think they were just referring to the timescale of a deal being done-ish by the weekend as in The Sun article, I'd presume if it is all true, they are one of the 3 given permission to check over things.

Yeah, looking at it again you're probably right, only 1 Brit group.

Purely from an ambition perspective I would love it to be either Ellison or the Wanda Group, only because it would be a signal of obvious intent from both. There's really not much to gain from this club without some serious investment.

i dont believe anything from this club anymore, its full of lies, secrets and rumours, even if there is multiple bids for this club, ill place a bet that they will either collapse or fizzle out, nothing will come of it

we arent getting the worlds fifth richest guy, we arent getting a chinese chairman and i doubt the english consortium (probably including king and berstein) will have enough money to get us out of the mires.

i have no faith in this club any more, why would anybody want to try and save this club and lose millions.

• Like 2

You have to question the timing of reports to buy us and season ticket prices being released.

I won't believe it till I see the new owner/owners holding the scarf infront of The Holte End!

Good bit of business for someone if Lerner has dropped his asking price by £100m 

dont like the sound of fan consortium  though , sounds like a group of fans scratching around the back of the sofa trying to come up with the money 

• Like 4

The skeptic in me just finds the the timing dodgy but maybe thats also the pessimist AVFC has made me into speaking.

For what its worth and with absolutely no inside knowledge i cant see it being anyone super stinking rich ala Man City. 

I'm still firmly in the "don't believe the bullshit" camp. Far too convenient that following such a turbulent week and a home game coming up that all of a sudden we have takeover rumours to "cheer" people up and deflect criticism from Lerner.

Seeing is believing! 

• Like 1

Just now, Razor said:

It's just nice to be able to see some light at the end of the tunnel. You would think whoever buys us would be determined to get us straight back up and provide the funds to do so.

So long as the light at the end of the tunnel isn't a forest fire

• Like 1