The 2016 Takeover Thread

Sam3773

3 minutes ago, Cliffy Biro said:

The skeptic in me just finds the the timing dodgy but maybe thats also the pessimist AVFC has made me into speaking.

For what its worth and with absolutely no inside knowledge i cant see it being anyone super stinking rich ala Man City. 

Tbh I'm not that arsed about it being anyone stinking rich willing to waste £30m on substitutes.  Think of the Liebherr family buying Southampton on the cheap, ok they were a lot more wealthy than Randy and Southampton were dirt cheap due to administration but they've grown naturally really by having people with a clue running the club.  I'd be happy with someone who isn't a crook and a bit of spare cash that can get the likes of Bernstein and King back involved with a manager like Moyes.

11 minutes ago, Cliffy Biro said:

The skeptic in me just finds the the timing dodgy but maybe thats also the pessimist

Not the pessimistic, just based on fact.  Previous history of such tricks and a pretty sell known trick in the industry.

Was speaking to amate who's a blouse, they get sold the same shit each year around the time of renewing.

For those of you familiar with Timehop... It was a year ago yesterday I shared an article from the official site regarding us entering due diligence and granting exclusivity to an interested party...

May well be good timing from the club to coincide with season tickets or coincidence. I'm currently swaying towards the latter. 

Seems very real this time round. 

Edited by villan-scott
Typo
  • Like 1

Hope any new owners coming has both a short and a long term plan.

Just spunking money on players will not work, as seen by Lerner.

It's must to bring in people used to working in and around the football business from clubs who know what they are doing.

Build up a proper scouting network (I'm not sure how we operate on youth level regarding scouting, but I'd like us to get better at finding those gems in the smaller clubs in the area), form a coherent philosophy around the football so we are not over reliant on managers coming and going. This will also make the transition easier for youth players coming into senior football.

Clear out the waste and bad elements so they can build a more professional culture among staff and players.

Much to do, just money for a few marquee signings will not be enough, but it's a start.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, sne said:

Hope any new owners coming has both a short and a long term plan.

Just spunking money on players will not work, as seen by Lerner.

It's must to bring in people used to working in and around the football business from clubs who know what they are doing.

Build up a proper scouting network (I'm not sure how we operate on youth level regarding scouting, but I'd like us to get better at finding those gems in the smaller clubs in the area), form a coherent philosophy around the football so we are not over reliant on managers coming and going. This will also make the transition easier for youth players coming into senior football.

Clear out the waste and bad elements so they can build a more professional culture among staff and players.

Much to do, just money for a few marquee signings will not be enough, but it's a start.

Agree entirely. We are not going to get some mega rich idiot to buy us like Manchester City and pump a load of money into us. We need someone with a good bit of money to spend wisely and build the club from the bottom up. Get King and Bernstein back on board and bring in a good manager proven to deliver. We were winning Youth cups and leagues left right and centre what happened to all those players. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, bringbackbigron said:

Agree entirely. We are not going to get some mega rich idiot to buy us like Manchester City and pump a load of money into us. We need someone with a good bit of money to spend wisely and build the club from the bottom up. Get King and Bernstein back on board and bring in a good manager proven to deliver. We were winning Youth cups and leagues left right and centre what happened to all those players. 

And even City headhunted key parts of their football people from the old Barcelona backroom (Soriano, Begiristan ), Guardiola and his team incoming this summer is the final step in this process.

I just want to see us be competitive at the right end of the league and not be a laughing stock. Surely we can get someone who can manage the club properly. That said I hope we get filthy, filthy rich.

3 hours ago, DK82 said:

I said before, there were a number of parties interested 18 months-24 months ago, put off by the price and swaying from the owner. No wonder some are likely back in.

Are you just remembering when the same media outlets were citing the same unnamed sources the exact same rumours last year at renewal time? Can you, name one of those parties?

:popcorn:

2 minutes ago, limpid said:

Are you just remembering when the same media outlets were citing the same unnamed sources the exact same rumours last year at renewal time? Can you, name one of those parties?

:popcorn:

The 2 Americans who ended up investing in Palace. Was in BM a few hours ago

Just now, mwj said:

The 2 Americans who ended up investing in Palace. Was in BM a few hours ago

Try and find something from 18-24 months ago with an official quote linking them by name to a bid for us. The papers were guessing and chucking names all over the place, usually from threads on here and other fan sites. All just click bait. Nothing was ever confirmed. The media just make up a load of crap and then say "it all fell through".

I don't know why people fall for it.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, dounavilla said:

Will the general remain under new ownership? 

I'm sure he could still be usefull ?

I'm thinking steward in the upper trinity.

I'm thinking speed bump

• Like 2