The 2016 Takeover Thread

Sam3773

1 hour ago, cyrusr said:

When the article starts "All signs point to" I have in my head that they have just used a Magic 8 ball to determine their news stories. 

Still think the press are annoyed that they didn't have a clue about Dr Xia and that no one told them. Just playing on people's natural worry and concern, which the Daily Mail is so good at. Talksport just want you to call them up and argue with them at £5.00 per minute or whatever it is. Simply spinning it for the sake of it. 

Whilst appreciate people are concerned it has not been ratified yet, it probably hasn't even been looked at until now. If the takeover doesn't go through/will never go through it will be exceptionally embarrassing for Lerner and Hollis as well as Dr Xia. They wouldn't have sold if they didn't think it would pass the "fit and proper test" so as far as I am concerned nothing to worry about right now. 

His source is probably that Tweet from the TalkSport "journo".

• Like 1

God knows what those others are using as an online translator, the amatuerish 'Google Translate' no doubt. Here is what the text actually says from a proper translation service.

The recent personal experience British unscrupulous media lip service level more than China. People know that the British media dog Chai originated when and who is the father?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Djemba_Villan said:

To turn it around though. He had a reason to claim he/Tim could have saved the club, he has an image to protect and probably a much needed ego in the world of football to protect.

What motive does he have to lie about this takeover? He will obviously have connections to the backroom staff at the club. Most of our leaks come out this way.

I think the real question is not his motive, but how tf does a football coach know anything about a confidential M&A process?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36426436

Aston Villa's takeover by Chinese businessman Dr Tony Xia is not on the verge of collapse.

It has been reported that Xia has failed to demonstrate he possesses the necessary funds to complete the deal.

But BBC Sport has learned £52m has been paid into an escrow account, ready to be transferred to current Villa owner Randy Lerner.

Xia has also provided proof of funds that will guarantee taking on an existing debt of £25m.

The same amount will be payable to American Lerner if Villa, who were relegated from the Premier League this season, get back to the top flight within three years.

Xia has also provided guarantees to the Premier League and Football League of significant amounts of money to cover the club's operating costs for the next two seasons.

A joint enquiry by the two leagues continues and will not be rushed as all aspects of the proposed takeover are scrutinised - including the likely personnel of the new board of directors.

Villa remain without a permanent manager to replace Remi Garde, who wassacked in March.

Former Everton and Manchester United boss David Moyes, who was on a three-man shortlist for the job, pulled out of the running last week.

Ex-West Brom and Chelsea manager Roberto di Matteo remains in the frame.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Think i'll go with the BBC on this one.....

Seriously though, what the hell is the medias agenda?!!!

Dare I say Chinese involvement in a British institution? 

Sidenote: Are Chinese whiskers racist?

4 minutes ago, Deisler123 said:

A difficult one to translate as it contains some words that are not commonly used. Trying my best:

‘最近切身感受英国的无良媒体信口开河程度比中国更甚。有人知道英媒的狗仔传统始于何时,谁是鼻祖? ’

Recently I got an experience of ’British Media talking about things that they have no evidence of‘, which is much worse than Chinese media (note he has had bad experience with Chinese media already). Anyone can tell me, when 'the tradition of paparazzi of British Media' started, and who the originator (of that tradition) is?

In China, we call those irresponsible sports journalists as 'those who will write a piece of sports news when they defecate in the loo', so defecator (if that is a word?)

That seems to make a lot more sense! Thanks!

Defecator whilst technically a word, wouldn't be used in this context. However the tone and intention behind it certainly fits!

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Deisler123 said:

A difficult one to translate as it contains some words that are not commonly used. Trying my best:

‘最近切身感受英国的无良媒体信口开河程度比中国更甚。有人知道英媒的狗仔传统始于何时,谁是鼻祖? ’

Recently I got an experience of ’British Media talking about things that they have no evidence of‘, which is much worse than Chinese media (note he has had bad experience with Chinese media already). Anyone can tell me, when 'the tradition of paparazzi of British Media' started, and who the originator (of that tradition) is?

In China, we call those irresponsible sports journalists as 'those who will write a piece of sports news when they defecate in the loo', so defecator (if that is a word?)

Ah you beat me too it, make up for my previous post :lol: I'd found a Chinese colleague to translate. Although he was finding it difficult to explain but said pretty much the same as you.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, hogso said:

God knows what those others are using as an online translator, the amatuerish 'Google Translate' no doubt. Here is what the text actually says from a proper translation service.

The recent personal experience British unscrupulous media lip service level more than China. People know that the British media dog Chai originated when and who is the father?

Hogso, unscrupulous is a good word there. Not sure about 'Dog Chai' tho....:D

I think my translation is proper-er. 

Only joking :P

Chai is tea, isn't it? Tea made out of dogs. Can you imagine the British media drinking that, it would be really horrible wouldn't it! Well played Dr .X.

I wonder why Swansea's drawn out takeover hasn't gone under as much scrutiny? Is it because there investment group is American? Hopefully Dr Xia is as rich as we hoped and it's more than enough to get us where he wants so the big teams are getting their press friends to create a nuisance. 

1 hour ago, roadoftrinity said:

Yep, but what seems more likely to happen from nearly every other take over is that the owner passes the test and then the club get stuff with a shitty owner. How many owners have failed the test? 

I have my doubt on the new owner, but you would assume that Hollis has been given evidence that they can afford to buy the club.

I think the tests are tougher to pass now because of previous deals that got through. Pat Murphy and the Doctor himself have now clarified things for us and things look a lot brighter. It appears Hollis might be on holiday given his continued silence or he may have been told to leave any comments to the Doctor to make. 

10 minutes ago, John said:

or he may have been told to leave any comments to the Doctor to make. 

Very likely.

Or even more likely - he probably doesn't want to get involved in these non-sense. He has said in the official announcement about Xia's wealth. Even if he is in doubt about the take over now, he'd better not say anything and just wait and see. 

Edited by Deisler123
  • Like 1