The 2016 Takeover Thread

Sam3773

2 hours ago, maqroll said:

Also, has it been proven that Ellison had real interest?

As far as i can remember, one of the rags claimed that of the 6 interested parties, Lerner/Hollis had a shortlist of 2, Xia and Oracle. Found something Here which seems to mirror the same story a few of rags wheeled out. 

The highlighted bit seems to suggest it was a claim made by Xia himself. 

American billionaire Randy Lerner, who bought Aston Villa in 2006 for 62.2 million pounds, put the club up for sale in 2014. Six companies showed interest, Xia said, but the final competing bidders were Recon and the American software company Oracle Corp.

Lerner eventually chose to sell to Recon in part because China provides a large fan base for English soccer teams, Xia said.

Edited by av1

3 minutes ago, MessiWillSignForVilla said:

What respectable source is telling us it isn't happening with firm proof? Because the Daily Mail certainly isn't "respectable".

Exactly. My point is that neither side is backed up with believable info.

7 hours ago, briny_ear said:

So this Chris Samuelson chap...

The most positive thing about him seems to be no-one has managed to prove him guilty of the many things he's been accused of.

Sounds like a welcome addition to our club.

It could be that he's never been found guilty of anything because he isn't actually guilty of anything. ;)

It could be that he's never been found guilty of anything because he isn't actually guilty of anything. [emoji6]

There, you've said it again!

Is there anything decent to be said about him other than the fact that he's not guilty of anything?

• Like 2

7 hours ago, briny_ear said:

There, you've said it again!

Is there anything decent to be said about him other than the fact that he's not guilty of anything?

To be perfectly honest i don't know much about him, but my guess is that many of the people claiming he's as bent a ten bob note, without really supplying any evidence don't know either. 

I'd be surprised if the deal fell apart due to a lack of funds,  as you need to prove that just to get through the front door.  It would be a total waste of Xia's time to enter into that knowing he would fail.  I'm pretty sure he is not mental so we should be OK on the finance side of things.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Made In Aston said:

I'd be surprised if the deal fell apart due to a lack of funds,  as you need to prove that just to get through the front door.  It would be a total waste of Xia's time to enter into that knowing he would fail.  I'm pretty sure he is not mental so we should be OK on the finance side of things.  

Good PR?

6 hours ago, mwj said:

......proof of funds, which is not even a criteria of the Fit & Proper test?

Right.

Minor comment, but funding is most definitely part of the tests that they do. The authorities need to be assured that any buyer has the funds necessary to ensure the club they are buying is able to fulfil its fixtures over the next season.

The same newspaper a week ago was saying they'd seen proof that he did have the funds, so that's the daily mail for you.

7 hours ago, av1 said:

To be perfectly honest i don't know much about him, but my guess is that many of the people claiming he's as bent a ten bob note, without really supplying any evidence don't know either. 

When I was at school I hit the jackpot by getting a girl to go out with me. . It was common knowledge she was a sure ticket according to pretty much everyone.  She wasn't though... 

• Like 1

Apparently the issue is how the money is being sent from around the world. Wilkins and others on TS have said they've all been told by others, some business journalists, that this takeover will not happen. 

3 minutes ago, Robbie09 said:

More claims on Talkshite that the deal won't go through. Both Wilkins and Danny Kelly stated they have been told the deal will collapse.

Yes just heard they had both jumped on the bandwagon on the basis that two different sources in London and Birmingham had told them that the deal would not go through.

It is now way past time for Hollis to say something to put an end to this uncertainty after all he is the one that did these same checks on behalf of the club and was satisfied enough with the results to recommend this offer to our "custodian". 

• Like 1