The 2016 Takeover Thread

Sam3773

If he hasnt got the money then surely thats the clubs problem not the FA or FLs issue.

He could take out a loan against the club to buy it like the Glaziers did at Manu so I cannot see this being correct.

• Like 2

The concern for me is that both Wilkins and Kelly claimed they have spoken to separate parties connected to the club and they have cast doubt the deal will proceed. It's not simply a case of a newspaper story, there seems to be several sources doubting the takeover.

I mentioned last week Sale (who's done this column for about 10 years so he's not some no mark journalist like the Talksport guy) put a few lines that the deal was in doubt.

And now he comes back with a little more so rightly or wrongly someone somewhere is tipping him off.

I just wish it would all get sorted one way or another but if this takeover deal falls through we are in major major trouble. You know what the squad mentality is like here...they'll all be laughing at the club trying to install discipline onto them when the club can't even be sold properly. 

One thing that unnerved me was that interview Dr Tony did when he got out a bank statement as proof of funds. Is that really something a serious businessman would do, it just struck me as a bit amateurish although that's the only thing I haven't liked from the Doctor, he's been fine in the other interviews.

I just don't like the delay, pretty sure the Chelsea and Man. City deals were done overnight. 

This is Ray Wilkins right? The same Ray Wilkins that was an employee of AVFC until he was shown the door. The same one that suggested that he and Sherwood could have saved AVFC from relegation? 

I think he may not necessarily be an independent view on the topic of AVFC... 

• Like 1

Just now, cyrusr said:

This is Ray Wilkins right? The same Ray Wilkins that was an employee of AVFC until he was shown the door. The same one that suggested that he and Sherwood could have saved AVFC from relegation? 

I think he may not necessarily be an independent view on the topic of AVFC... 

To turn it around though. He had a reason to claim he/Tim could have saved the club, he has an image to protect and probably a much needed ego in the world of football to protect.

What motive does he have to lie about this takeover? He will obviously have connections to the backroom staff at the club. Most of our leaks come out this way.

2 minutes ago, Djemba_Villan said:

To turn it around though. He had a reason to claim he/Tim could have saved the club, he has an image to protect and probably a much needed ego in the world of football to protect.

What motive does he have to lie about this takeover? He will obviously have connections to the backroom staff at the club. Most of our leaks come out this way.

Fair point. But these could also be the same staff that are also likely to be out of a job soon also so may have an "axe to grind" in that respect. Doesn't hold up the validity of what Ray Wilkins/Talksport are saying IMO. 

26 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

I mentioned last week Sale (who's done this column for about 10 years so he's not some no mark journalist like the Talksport guy) put a few lines that the deal was in doubt.

And now he comes back with a little more so rightly or wrongly someone somewhere is tipping him off.

I just wish it would all get sorted one way or another but if this takeover deal falls through we are in major major trouble. You know what the squad mentality is like here...they'll all be laughing at the club trying to install discipline onto them when the club can't even be sold properly. 

One thing that unnerved me was that interview Dr Tony did when he got out a bank statement as proof of funds. Is that really something a serious businessman would do, it just struck me as a bit amateurish although that's the only thing I haven't liked from the Doctor, he's been fine in the other interviews.

I just don't like the delay, pretty sure the Chelsea and Man. City deals were done overnight. 

There was no fit and proper persons test when Abramovich took over Chelsea and a much more lenient one when City were taken over.

2 hours ago, John said:

He will not get his money and Hollis will not get his bonus because if the buyer fails the F&P test there will be no deal and we will still have RL much against his and our wishes. 

Yep, but what seems more likely to happen from nearly every other take over is that the owner passes the test and then the club get stuff with a shitty owner. How many owners have failed the test? 

I have my doubt on the new owner, but you would assume that Hollis has been given evidence that they can afford to buy the club.

Manager about to be appointed and pre-season fixtures announced.  That suggests to me that the new owners have already been given the 'nod of approval'.  Just tying up a few loose ends now before official announcement IMO!

• Like 2

Tony has put this up on his Weibo account Now with link:

最近切身感受英国的无良媒体信口开河程度比中国更甚。有人知道英媒的狗仔传统始于何时,谁是鼻祖?

When using my expert Chinese translation skills (also know as Google Translate) is something like this:

Britain's recent personal experience unscrupulous media lip extent than China even more. Anybody know the paparazzi tradition began when the British media , who is the originator ?

Edited by cyrusr
Adding link
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, cyrusr said:

Tony has put this up on his Weibo account Now with link:

When using my expert Chinese translation skills (also know as Google Translate) is something like this:

Recently felt not good media talking irresponsiblydegree of Britain personal compared with China.Some people know when the dog young traditionof British media begins, who is a first ancestor?

From another online translator 

Edited by AlwaysAVFC

2 minutes ago, AlwaysAVFC said:

Recently felt not good media talking irresponsiblydegree of Britain personal compared with China.Some people know when the dog young traditionof British media begins, who is a first ancestor?

From another online translator 

How is that so much different from the last one :lol: