The 2016 Takeover Thread

Sam3773

9 minutes ago, John said:

Yes just heard they had both jumped on the bandwagon on the basis that two different sources in London and Birmingham had told them that the deal would not go through.

It is now way past time for Hollis to say something to put an end to this uncertainty after all he is the one that did these same checks on behalf of the club and was satisfied enough with the results to recommend this offer to our "custodian". 

I can see a pretty angry backlash given to Hollis if it turns out they actually are just (attempting to) fobbing the club off to a charlatan with no money. Fans don't like to be the laughing stock and it's past being a bit of a joke you can laugh off easily now.

Edited by Djemba_Villan

1 minute ago, Djemba_Villan said:

I can see a pretty angry backlash given to Hollis if it turns out they actually are just (attempting to) fobbing the club off to a charlatan with no money. Fans don't like to be the laughing stock and it's past being a bit of a joke you can laugh off easily now.

Hollis has questions to answer and these rumours need to be quashed. I don't see that the Doctor is either a charlatan or a pauper but there are doubts about the deal and the choice of which deal we chose that have been raised that need to be answered by the person who carried out the checks and made the recommendation that we take this offer. The club and Hollis cannot stay silent.  

• Like 2

The fit and proper test thing officially starts today doesn't it. It's currently 8.04am and the deal has already collapsed. Yeah.. sure. .. It's probably not even properly begun yet.

The issue with funds is going to be Xia proving he has it in a very closed and secretive system. I don't doubt he has the funds, but he'll need to find a way of proving that. Which could actually be very tricky. He can't just show bank statements and transaction history like others can because Chinese government wouldn't allow it.

That 'article' is nonsense. Didn't an investigative journalist from the mail meet Dr X a few weeks back and basically say everything checked out right down to his time at Havard?

Click bait. Move along people. The imminent appointment of RDM points to it all nearly being wrapped up IMO. 

• Like 1

The club has been a joke over the last few years. But surely they wouldn't agree and announce a deal to sell the club to somebody that doesn't have the money!  The slightest bit of doubt or rumour is enough for journalists to report it. Have we seen any reports of the deal falling through from a more 'credible' source? 

We rejected how many others for this fella? Would be hilarious and completely depressing if this fell through/turned out to be a fraud. 

Especially if one was actually Oracle! (doubt it was)

Just now, Demitri_C said:

That daily mail article is nonsense its not even on their main page why are we even wasting our time entertaining this crap?

Because it's totally within the realm of Aston Villa possibility that the story is spot on true.

• Like 2

Just now, maqroll said:

Because it's totally within the realm of Aston Villa possibility that the story is spot on true.

There is no way that article is true heres why, that would be  a huge story for the mail "a exclusive" yet its crumbled into a article about the football league being reformatted. Its nonsense.

Everyone moans that Lerner won't sell, then they moan that he sells to someone who's not right for the club, believe it or not, I doubt there are many people out there that have a 200 million quid in cash spare to buy Aston Villa. 

We all wanted Lerner out and looking at every other take over that has happened in recent times, lots of the seem to have owners from dodgy background. 

Hollis had a job, sell the club, if Lerner gets his money, Hollis gets his bonus, I don't imagine an angry backlash from the Internet is much of a concern 

Scare mongering is all, supporters of other clubs would love to see this fall through.

Aston Villa wil be back in the top division within a few years, let's all just keep the faith and enjoy the next few years, it's been awhile! 

2 minutes ago, roadoftrinity said:

Everyone moans that Lerner won't sell, then they moan that he sells to someone who's not right for the club, believe it or not, I doubt there are many people out there that have a 200 million quid in cash spare to buy Aston Villa. 

We all wanted Lerner out and looking at every other take over that has happened in recent times, lots of the seem to have owners from dodgy background. 

Hollis had a job, sell the club, if Lerner gets his money, Hollis gets his bonus, I don't imagine an angry backlash from the Internet is much of a concern 

He will not get his money and Hollis will not get his bonus because if the buyer fails the F&P test there will be no deal and we will still have RL much against his and our wishes. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, blandy said:

Minor comment, but funding is most definitely part of the tests that they do. The authorities need to be assured that any buyer has the funds necessary to ensure the club they are buying is able to fulfil its fixtures over the next season.

The same newspaper a week ago was saying they'd seen proof that he did have the funds, so that's the daily mail for you.

Funding is a requirement for the Premier league test but, strangely, not for the football league one.