The 2016 Takeover Thread

Sam3773

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/article-3618506/Football-League-puts-B-teams-agenda-turn-flight-clubs-help-finance-revolutionary-proposal.html

Chinese consortium's £60m takeover of Aston Villa set to fail

All the signs point to the Premier League and Football League turning down Aston Villa’s £60million takeover by Dr Tony Xia’s Chinese consortium, on the grounds that they haven’t the funds to do so. 

Well-placed sources claim that American Randy Lerner, who is trying to offload the club at a knockdown price, has already been told that Xia will not pass the necessary financial tests.

Dr Tony Xia's proposed £60million takeover of relegated Aston Villa is likely to be rejected

Hmm. Normally I'm wary of such articles, but I'm not sure..

I can't imagine the air tight contacts of Randy Lerner would finally leak some information (after ten years of silence) to the Daily Mail/Metro :lol:

If this is true though, it's just another addition to an already full catalogue of errors.

Is this out on the same day that the Sun is reporting RDM will be at his desk in 2 days and is looking forward to working with Dr x. The press is full of crap. They can't both be right but they just print away anyway.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Straggler said:

Is this out on the same day that the Sun is reporting RDM will be at his desk in 2 days and is looking forward to working with Dr x. The press is full of crap. They can't both be right but they just print away anyway.

The Sun shall teach us all a lesson about integrity in journalism.

• Like 1

Just now, maqroll said:

The Sun shall teach us all a lesson about integrity in journalism.

Don't get me wrong, my point is that they are both full of crap. Just that they in this instance are full of opposing crap. Should the news be good or bad if the source is a tabloid I will treat it as false.

Just now, Straggler said:

Don't get me wrong, my point is that they are both full of crap. Just that they in this instance are full of opposing crap. Should the news be good or bad if the source is a tabloid I will treat it as false.

I know, I was just point scoring like a prick. Sorry Straggler :blush:

• Like 2

As far as I can tell, that Daily Mail column is nothing to be worried about, and is just a lazy regurgitation of some of the misinformation / confusion that's surrounded the whole thing so far.

If it doesn't go through for whatever reason, the guy who wrote that was right by guessing.

• Like 1

And for the love of God have you seen the sports pages. They have next to nothing to write about. The season is over, the test match is finished, the England squad has been picked. They are reduced to full length analysis of the Welsh squad and articles on how Tyson Fury looses weight. If there was a real story here the press would love it just to fill some dead air.

• Like 1

After all that's happened in the last 5 years it wouldn't surprise me one bit if this thing actually fails to go thorugh, regardless of what the journos say/guess. It just would be a fitting continuation. What's the worse that could happen to Aston Villa in the space of one year? Relegation with a gutless team that fans don't like at all, then hiring/releasing a whole new board, then a failed attempt to sell to some random dodgy dude from somewhere, then back to RL. 

That said, if the chinese guy is actually found not fit to own the team, then it'd be a bullet dodged. Better a League 1 team in a year than going into administration. 

10 minutes ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

No funds? Pretty sure it's already been documented that the funds have been transferred to a bank in England ready for the purchase.

Whether it's through these tests or by Villa, I'd like to think the checking of funds goes further than just the money to buy the club. Which I guess, should there be an issue this could be it and not necessarily that the money's not there just the transparency of where it is coming from. Hopefully Dr Xia can put some minds at rest when they speak to him, if it's even necessary.

14 minutes ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

No funds? Pretty sure it's already been documented that the funds have been transferred to a bank in England ready for the purchase.

It's not about the funds to buy the club, it's about the money needed to run the club, pay wages, cover all sorts of costs, etc. and about the transparency of the provided funds. Just a random note for some account with some money in it should not be enough to pass the test, if it's actually conducted with any sort of seriousness. 

When the article starts "All signs point to" I have in my head that they have just used a Magic 8 ball to determine their news stories. 

Still think the press are annoyed that they didn't have a clue about Dr Xia and that no one told them. Just playing on people's natural worry and concern, which the Daily Mail is so good at. Talksport just want you to call them up and argue with them at £5.00 per minute or whatever it is. Simply spinning it for the sake of it. 

Whilst appreciate people are concerned it has not been ratified yet, it probably hasn't even been looked at until now. If the takeover doesn't go through/will never go through it will be exceptionally embarrassing for Lerner and Hollis as well as Dr Xia. They wouldn't have sold if they didn't think it would pass the "fit and proper test" so as far as I am concerned nothing to worry about right now. 

• Like 4

Smacks of the Mail getting in a quick, partially hidden, piece so that IF it goes tits up they can say 'a revealed exclusively in the Mail' - just hedging their bets.  Until there's something from a more reputable source, my pitchfork will stay in the shed.

In my nightmare last night, Xia's takeover was thrown out by the authorities, Lambert was given "caretaker" manager job, Grealish signed for Olbion and today's back page of the Mail had a photo of Lambert in front of Villa Park with the heading ..... "We go again!".

• Like 4