The 2016 Takeover Thread

Sam3773

15 minutes ago, GeneralJazzman said:

Wasn't sure if you were being sarcastic or not. 

UKIP thing of maybe not being too welcome to foreign influx into UK, hence being a bit anti-Tony. That's my guess any hoo 

Oh no, sorry about that. Yeah I guess that was it, thought it was a dig at UKIP that I wasn't getting.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 7392craig said:

Oh no, sorry about that. Yeah I guess that was it, thought it was a dig at UKIP that I wasn't getting.

It was my phrasing of the point, not clear. But as for tolerance and equality for all people. I certainly lean more towards the left of the political scale rather than the right ;)

11 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Beep beep beep,  Look out, Daily Mail reversing......

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Hoof hearted said:

Its also the thing I despise most about football, its tantamount to comparing the size of your teams penis and the media are desperate to know the size of ours so they can wave it in other teams faces so to speak, not cool at all.

Unless it's a really really MASSIVE dick.  I mean obscenely huge. Then it's really really cool. Honey if you've got it flaunt it. Preferably in the faces of Man City and Chelsea who have been waving their surgically enhanced specimens around. Not so much against Arsenal and Man U who are eau naturelle

• Like 1

I need Villa to be associated with  a transfer 'war chest' to plot to  'bounce back at the first attempt'/ Notice Villa are often labelled 'the west midlands club'. What does that mean? Are the likes of Everton a 'north west club'? Basically unless the football club is from London, Manchester or Liverpool the national media have no idea at all.

If Xia turns out legit the media will say that is what we thought all along. It's all bullshite.

Edited by The Fun Factory

59 minutes ago, Duck said:

Its really not that difficult. I treat them the majority of journalists the same as the Twitter ITKs. You can't trust a word of any of them so why should they make money off you?

Yeah these days the Tabloids and Twitter are one and the same they just deal in different currencies. The Tabloid style of journalism will do whatever they can to make top dollar for the least amount of work. Twitter is similar just instead of cash in many instances it is viewer reach, retweets and follows that you are after. The issue these days is Twitter feeds Tabloids which feeds Twitter again, it is bullshit manufacturing at its finest.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, sidcow said:

I literally cannot believe their bareface cheek. Less than 24 hrs after proclaiming the takeover is on the rocks "and Randy Lerner has already been told the takeover will not be approved" now they are saying all is sweet and the manager has a huge budget. Can they not see they are a complete joke?  

I was mortified/ambarassed /concerned last week to have to write to a new customer and correct a figure within 5 minutes of quoting when I realised I had misquoted by a few £k even though it was a fraction of the total yet these jokers get paid to actually write total cr@p, change their story like the wind and have no consequences of any retribution for making a c0ck up in fact probably get paid a bonus for bareface lying as it generated extra clicks on the website. They preach /boast/jealousy protect their right of free speech /lack of sensorship in this country like they are some kind of noble profession that needs to be put on a pedestal and preserved but constantly abuse their privileged position by making up and printing sh;t with no comeback. 

I couldn't agree more. Time was they'd have to print a correction, or at least acknowledge they were saying the exact, literal opposite 24 hours previously, but I guess that's just quaint and old-fashioned now. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, sidcow said:

I literally cannot believe their bareface cheek. Less than 24 hrs after proclaiming the takeover is on the rocks "and Randy Lerner has already been told the takeover will not be approved" now they are saying all is sweet and the manager has a huge budget. Can they not see they are a complete joke?  

I was mortified/ambarassed /concerned last week to have to write to a new customer and correct a figure within 5 minutes of quoting when I realised I had misquoted by a few £k even though it was a fraction of the total yet these jokers get paid to actually write total cr@p, change their story like the wind and have no consequences of any retribution for making a c0ck up in fact probably get paid a bonus for bareface lying as it generated extra clicks on the website. They preach /boast/jealousy protect their right of free speech /lack of sensorship in this country like they are some kind of noble profession that needs to be put on a pedestal and preserved but constantly abuse their privileged position by making up and printing sh;t with no comeback. 

It seems like they print whatever Derek has told them at the water cooler :rolleyes:

It's just all about sales. Now it's online it's all about clicks and page views. I bet their story yesterday about the takeover falling through generates a lot more revenue than today's.

It used to be a battle to sell newspapers, you did that by having a reputation of being the best journalists and getting the best stories, developing a loyal customer base. Not any more, it's just about what sensational story can get people to read you adverts or be directed where you want them to.

• Like 4

12 hours ago, Gary Thomas said:

They do spout a lot of crap, but not ‘everything’ is regurgitated from the internet. They have loads of influence and connections in the game; more than they should, and I am sure they have broken the odd exclusive.  Time will tell if this has any substance, probably not, but the fact they have a reporter camped outside BMH suggests they have heard something to me.

I never said everything but the vast majority is 2nd hand news. RDM seems nailed on for today so they probably dispatched the reporter for that reason. I'd love Xia to be done in the next 48 but there's no chance IMO and I will whole heartedly apologise if I'm wrong and I'll worship Sky sports once again as the font of football knowledge. 

Just ignore them guys, we seem to be an easy target. Look what happened with our pitch invasion not so long ago, the headlines all across the media including TV news was that it was a return to the dark ages. There's been a few more pitch invasions since then, all of which have been said to be special magical football moments. 

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, TreeVillan said:

Just ignore them guys, we seem to be an easy target. Look what happened with our pitch invasion not so long ago, the headlines all across the media including TV news was that it was a return to the dark ages. There's been a few more pitch invasions since then, all of which have been said to be special magical football moments. 

Hibernian?

• Like 1