The 2016 Takeover Thread

Sam3773

7 minutes ago, avfcwills10 said:

Some more good news:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/mikeozanian/2016/05/24/aston-villa-and-tony-xia-are-looking-like-ac-milan-with-mr-bee/#cd7204065fd9

'

I have serious doubts that the sale of Aston Villa to Tony Xia is going to happen'

Whilst I have my concerns that article is a load of clickbait nonsense. No evidence to back up that claim and in fact just a re-hash of previous articles. No new evidence or information.

• Like 2

If the rumours are true and Lerner had to choose between Ellison and Xia it wouldn't surprise me if the deal ran into issues. 

A genuine sports nut ranked 7th in the worlds rich list, or some fella no one knows anything about. Of all his stupid decisions this could rank right up there as the mother of all cock ups. Only Randolph Lerner could pick the loser in a 2 horse race consisting of Red Rum and my little pony. 

Edited by av1

7 minutes ago, hippo said:

Make Moyes a salary offer he couldn't refuse ? 

Brilliant. We get a manager who doesnt want to be here but couldnt turn down the salary. Just the job.

1 minute ago, Jareth said:

Brilliant. We get a manager who doesnt want to be here but couldnt turn down the salary. Just the job.

With respect the question was 'what more can he do' 

Id fancy our chances more with a half cocked Moyes, than a motivated RDM to be honest....

Just now, hippo said:

With respect the question was 'what more can he do' 

Id fancy our chances more with a half cocked Moyes, than a motivated RDM to be honest....

Goodness me.

12 minutes ago, omariqy said:

Whilst I have my concerns that article is a load of clickbait nonsense. No evidence to back up that claim and in fact just a re-hash of previous articles. No new evidence or information.

Exactly, surely the Harvard thing had been answered in the Mail investigation/report, plus he seemed more than satisfied that Xia had the money to buy us and that he was telling the truth about taking over the US company.  

1 minute ago, Daweii said:

Well it better go through cause large sums of money or not if it fails and we have to keep Lerner we are heading into League One guaranteed..

Lerner has previous of underwriting £27m worth of Aston Villa losses ...........can't see Samuelson and his mates doing that. 

23 minutes ago, avfcwills10 said:

Some more good news:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/mikeozanian/2016/05/24/aston-villa-and-tony-xia-are-looking-like-ac-milan-with-mr-bee/#cd7204065fd9

'

I have serious doubts that the sale of Aston Villa to Tony Xia is going to happen'

If you're not able to spell the former Italian Prime Minister's name, one could almost forgive the misspelling of "Berlusconi".

But to call him "Silvia" must surely undermine the credibility of the 'journalist' here. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, backofthenet said:

Im really hoping that if Mr King is out there an he is concerned he may have some idea what to do about it, maybe lodging an objection to the FA

You mean the same Mr. King who likely knew that Dr Xia was the preferred bidder, and left the club saying the takeover would be great news for AVFC??

5 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Well he presented the £400milliion cheque and said theres more where that came from while also pointing out we were the equivalent of an expensive puppy in his world as he was soon to be blowing approx 45 times as much on a US company acquisition. Other than hiring a gold hot air balloon and showering the greater aston area with tenners I'm not sure what else he could say or do at this point.

It does sound a little bit convenient though doesn't it.... 

'Oh yes we do only own one organisation but we're in the process of buying 4 others'

'Oh yes this might be the biggest acquisition that I've ever done but next week I'm doing one for $3.5bn'

I'm not a natural pessimist and I'm not trying to be negative but something is just a bit strange, there is no denying that. 

2 hours ago, MikeMcKenna said:

Purely my opinion but it all seems so half cocked. Having said the above, I haven't yet seen any grounds for the league to deny other than possibly proof of funds. We have to assume that Hollis has this but according to one article, payment is being made in stages. I thought I read something about an initial payment of £40 million up front. If Tony Xia is a Billionaire or has access to Billions why the need for staged payment? I may be totally wrong but Tony Xia seems like a front man, with a weak back story, but I don't think for the Chinese government. In an interview he said something about not expecting so much publicity and I think he is surprised at the digging that has been done into his background. Over the years I have visited China many times on business and they are always very discreet and definitely like to keep a low profile. Somethings just don't add up. That Samuelson is involved is my main worry. 

Mike, I happen to have it on reliable authority that you are a reasonably successful businessman. Myself less so, but I do know that it is often prudent to agree payment terms when acquiring assets regardless of your cash flow situation. For varying reasons, some too complex for this mere mortal to care to understand. 

Could you tell me, for example, the most prudent way to take money out of China?

What I have read is that it is a cash sum up front (£75m) and an additional sum (£25m) upon promotion. Both Hollis and Xia have stated that the deal is cash. 

Yes, it could go tits. But I don't think the reasons you've given are valid concerns. 

14 minutes ago, Godders said:

You mean the same Mr. King who likely knew that Dr Xia was the preferred bidder, and left the club saying the takeover would be great news for AVFC??

i really do hope thats the case but im afraid that having a couple of chancers like samuelson and banfill lurking in the background dosnt back that statement up

7 minutes ago, avfcwills10 said:

It does sound a little bit convenient though doesn't it.... 

'Oh yes we do only own one organisation but we're in the process of buying 4 others'

'Oh yes this might be the biggest acquisition that I've ever done but next week I'm doing one for $3.5bn'

I'm not a natural pessimist and I'm not trying to be negative but something is just a bit strange, there is no denying that. 

I'm just of the opinion it's one thing or another, disaster or amazeballs, 50/50. No fence warming for me. I'm on the tony xia fun bus all the way to the aston villa theme park come what may.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Jareth said:

I'm just of the opinion it's one thing or another, disaster or amazeballs, 50/50. No fence warming for me. I'm on the tony xia fun bus all the way to the aston villa theme park come what may.

You certainly are....