The 2016 Takeover Thread

Sam3773

3 hours ago, mjmooney said:

Tapatalk? I thought that was dead? 

Not that this is the place to ask, but it'll probably be turned off before the season starts.

9 minutes ago, Richard said:

If lerner remains as owner we are buggered

If this takeover happens we may or may not be buggered.

I'll take my chances with the takeover

I posted similar a couple of days ago, the only good outcome is, this takeover goes ahead and we're not getting screwed over.

4 hours ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

I figured the fit and proper test would take a few weeks tbh.

I know the one the football league did for reading a few years back took a couple of months! 

As it doesn't matter now, the person I was told who was interested a period of time ago was Jack Ma. As you can see it was wrong, I didn't name him when Limpid asked as I felt if there was a chance it was true, it wouldn't be a good thing to be in public. So I apologise to Limpid but I felt I was doing the right thing.

Josh Harris and Mark Walter were two Americans I was also given as names, these were a long while ago and I can't remember an exact date, I think January 2014 for Harris and July for Walter.

As you can see, they weren't successful, if indeed the info was right.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Richard said:

Why Mike ? 

Purely my opinion but it all seems so half cocked. Having said the above, I haven't yet seen any grounds for the league to deny other than possibly proof of funds. We have to assume that Hollis has this but according to one article, payment is being made in stages. I thought I read something about an initial payment of £40 million up front. If Tony Xia is a Billionaire or has access to Billions why the need for staged payment? I may be totally wrong but Tony Xia seems like a front man, with a weak back story, but I don't think for the Chinese government. In an interview he said something about not expecting so much publicity and I think he is surprised at the digging that has been done into his background. Over the years I have visited China many times on business and they are always very discreet and definitely like to keep a low profile. Somethings just don't add up. That Samuelson is involved is my main worry. 

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, hippo said:

Or Hollis just waits until Xia officially owns the club - and lets him appoint whoever he wants.....the risk of course is that if we hit a snag\delay - it could be the start of July before we get a manager in place. Appointing RDM just wastes a season IMO.

The idea is that Dr Tone is saying who he wants and Hollis is doing as requested to ensure a smooth transition. It's what his job effectively is - find buyer, check back ground and ensure a smooth transition. 

I think Ellis did the same for Randy, signed up MON for Randy as he was deemed the best candidate by all parties and was part of the process. 

1 hour ago, MikeMcKenna said:

I thought I read something about an initial payment of £40 million up front. If Tony Xia is a Billionaire or has access to Billions why the need for staged payment? 

Got to love all the random selective quoting, as a pose to what actually comes from the horses mouth!

wanted more than £100m but Xia says he has settled for £52m up front, plus Xia’s guarantee of clearing Villa’s overdraft at HSBC of £24.5m. Xia says that £74.5m is thus sitting in a ring-fenced bank account.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3602825/Saviour-dreamer-Sportsmail-talks-Aston-Villa-s-owner-waiting-Dr-Tony-Xia.html

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, sexbelowsound said:

Absolutely.

1 hour ago, MikeMcKenna said:

Purely my opinion but it all seems so half cocked. Having said the above, I haven't yet seen any grounds for the league to deny other than possibly proof of funds. We have to assume that Hollis has this but according to one article, payment is being made in stages. I thought I read something about an initial payment of £40 million up front. If Tony Xia is a Billionaire or has access to Billions why the need for staged payment? I may be totally wrong but Tony Xia seems like a front man, with a weak back story, but I don't think for the Chinese government. In an interview he said something about not expecting so much publicity and I think he is surprised at the digging that has been done into his background. Over the years I have visited China many times on business and they are always very discreet and definitely like to keep a low profile. Somethings just don't add up. That Samuelson is involved is my main worry. 

i completley agree with this and i dont think im the only one who is hoping this deal colapses, i know we should take anything the evening mail says with a pince of salt but samuelson an banfill are both directors of the same company socfin group and they have both been seen at the villa v newcastle game along with dr xia, dr xia was also photo graphed in the villa changing rooms with those guys names on shirts behind him

weather we like to admit it or not they are heavily involved in this takeover an i reckon young dr xia is just their front man, they hoped we would just fall down all gooey eyed as soon as he started waving million pound notes around, from what ive seen on message boards it seems to have worked

Im really hoping that if Mr King is out there an he is concerned he may have some idea what to do about it, maybe lodging an objection to the FA

3 minutes ago, omariqy said:

He's definitely got £400m odd. That should be enough to get us promoted and top 6.

doesn't necessarily mean he'll spend a penny of it on Villa.   (i'm not saying he won't either)

Well he presented the £400milliion cheque and said theres more where that came from while also pointing out we were the equivalent of an expensive puppy in his world as he was soon to be blowing approx 45 times as much on a US company acquisition. Other than hiring a gold hot air balloon and showering the greater aston area with tenners I'm not sure what else he could say or do at this point.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, backofthenet said:

weather we like to admit it or not they are heavily involved in this takeover an i reckon young dr xia is just their front man,

That's the point.

7 minutes ago, avfcwills10 said:

Some more good news:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/mikeozanian/2016/05/24/aston-villa-and-tony-xia-are-looking-like-ac-milan-with-mr-bee/#cd7204065fd9

'

I have serious doubts that the sale of Aston Villa to Tony Xia is going to happen'

Basically just regurgitating the Telegraph article, saw it and realised it was just a lazy article to fill a column so didn't even bother posting it, more RECKONING like above.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

4 minutes ago, avfcwills10 said:

Some more good news:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/mikeozanian/2016/05/24/aston-villa-and-tony-xia-are-looking-like-ac-milan-with-mr-bee/#cd7204065fd9

'

I have serious doubts that the sale of Aston Villa to Tony Xia is going to happen'

More cut and paste 'journalism' - like so much mee-juh these days, it doesn't say anything new. In fact, it's not even news, it's just some bloke's opinion, but it gets clicks because it has Forbes attached to it. Soooo tiresome...

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Well he presented the £400milliion cheque and said theres more where that came from while also pointing out we were the equivalent of an expensive puppy in his world as he was soon to be blowing approx 45 times as much on a US company acquisition. Other than hiring a gold hot air balloon and showering the greater aston area with tenners I'm not sure what else he could say or do at this point.

Make Moyes a salary offer he couldn't refuse ?