The 2016 Takeover Thread

Sam3773

So... any more to that Girls Aloud story? I got quite excited by that :P

I shall raise a drink tonight to our fabulous potential Chinese lords - for giving me even a smidgeon of hope and enthusiasm... And if it all comes to nowt, I can 'jostle' myself with thoughts of Girls Aloud...

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, KHV said:

Not sure on RDM he was awful in his second season at Chelsea

dont really see how thats a criticism? I imagine most managers who would be available for a championship side would be awful managing one of the best teams in the world (especially one in transition). Possibly why theyre potentially managing a championship club? i dont get it

Edited by gharperr
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, 007√ said:

As long as they back him, but aren't the Chinese known to be stingy with the money, aren't other Chinese owners across all different clubs similar to this?

Yeh all those clubs in the Chinese Super League have been notoriously tight on money in the last 18 months... :ph34r::ph34r:

• Like 1

On SSN website

Aston Villa close to being sold to Chinese consortium

By Sky Sports News HQ

Last Updated: 18/05/16 3:13pm

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Aston Villa owner Randy Lerner is hoping to sell the club to a Chinese consortium
Aston Villa owner Randy Lerner is hoping to sell the club to a Chinese consortium

Aston Villa chairman Steve Hollis has travelled to China to conclude the sale of the club.

Sky sources understand Villa's backroom staff have been briefed that the club could be transferred by the weekend. 

It is also understood that the Chinese consortium have spoken to Roberto Di Matteo's representatives as their preferred choice as head coach.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11677/10287003/aston-villa-close-to-being-sold-to-chinese-consortium

1 minute ago, westholmevillan said:

Its only one year in our illustrious history....we will be back a year from now stronger AND better than ever!

Work It
Make It
Do It
Makes Us
Harder
Better
Faster
Stronger
More Than
Hour
Our
Never
Ever
After
Work is
Over [x2]

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Genie said:

Classic VT :lol:

Messi? Nah, he's passed it and wouldn't fit in to Championship football.

SAF? No chance, he's been out of the game too long...

Comparing RDM to Ferguson or Messi is going some. I just think hes remarkably overrated and benefits from having a fancy name. Limited is how I view him. 

Not many but they will at least want a few days to pack up even if it's a 25 minute job. 

It won't be a 25 minute job for Randy to get all the copper cabling out of the walls and load up all of the glassware from the VIP suites. Taking all the light bulbs out will take some time too.