The 2016 Takeover Thread

Sam3773

On 11/05/2016 at 16:34, Richard said:

We'll all know by this time next week 

Just saying to my fan club,  what a great guess I made last week

• Like 1

My worry is that this recent football explosion in China is just a fad that will pass in a few years when the president decides he wants his people to be the best at something else.

Then, all these investors will look to move on and curry favour in some new way. 

2 minutes ago, mwj said:

That Hollis might be "emotional appointment to the board" 

Well there have been a few comments that "Hollis is doing a great job,  great we are close to being sold,  lets keep him on the board after this".  The emotional appointment comment relates to us making an appointment of Hollis to the board based on being happy to have been sold.  Happiness being an emotion.  Hope that helps you and others looking to jump on the hate Richard bandwagon

3 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

Seem to recall West Ham tried Icelandic once. Definitely not recommended.

Was that the biscuit bloke?

14 minutes ago, osmark86 said:

I don't care where an owner is from as long as they have a good sense for business and knows football, or if not, is shrewd enough to appoint people who do.

As long as they have enough money to buy success I don't care where they are from either.

• Like 1

Just now, villa89 said:

As long as they have enough money to buy success I don't care where they are from either.

Oh naturally they have to be rich too. Filthy rich.

2 minutes ago, Richard said:

Well there have been a few comments that "Hollis is doing a great job,  great we are close to being sold,  lets keep him on the board after this".  The emotional appointment comment relates to us making an appointment of Hollis to the board based on being happy to have been sold.  Happiness being an emotion.  Hope that helps you and others looking to jump on the hate Richard bandwagon

I think he does seem to be doing a good job. That won't matter anyhow when we do get new owners in since they'll be calling the shots on who's on the board. 

6 minutes ago, Richard said:

Just saying to my fan club,  what a great guess I made last week

Not to nit-pick... but we don't all know really, do we? 

No one has confirmed anything. 

4 minutes ago, Richard said:

Do you think they will keep either Hollis or Little on?

Just now, GENTLEMAN said:

Dr. Tony Xia will become Chairman of Aston Villa

Did you get that from this?

http://guba.eastmoney.com/news,600186,386960938.html

Aston Villa Football Club is pleased to announce that an agreement has been signed today for the sale of 100% ownership by Randy Lerner to Recon Group owned by Dr.Tony Jiantong Xia subject to the approval of the Premier League and the Football League. Recon Group is one of the China’s largest business in the urbanisation and heh and food sectors amongst other activities all over the world. Dr. Xia will become Chairman of Aston Villa and looks forward to the club returning to the Premier League as well the pinnacle of Euro Football as soon as possible.