The 2016 Takeover Thread

Sam3773

Just now, Demitri_C said:

Do you think they will keep either Hollis or Little on?

I dont think Steve Hollis would want to remain to be honest.  Not sure about Brian Little, Maybe he'll be involved in some sort of role as he has a connection with the club and fans but on that,  just to calm those feverish bods on here,  I am speculating

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Richard said:

Just saying to my fan club,  what a great guess I made last week

Which hour is this between the Newcastle game and the Arsenal game?

Just wondering.

1 minute ago, foreveryoung said:

Not sure if been mentioned but sold for 60 million, what a bargain. Though anybody worried they didn't have the 75 million.

Lerners lost so much money on us what a shit businessman he is

Not sure if been mentioned but sold for 60 million, what a bargain. Though anybody worried they didn't have the 75 million.

Nah. £15m is still a lot of money, any company is going to try to negotiate to as low a price as possible.

Agreed. Posted this earlier, but we do have to wait and see if that really is the figure.

2 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

wasnt it quoted 125million end of last season? Lerner isnt the shrewdest that probably 6million ;)

1 minute ago, Phumfeinz said:

Nah. £15m is still a lot of money, any company is going to try to negotiate to as low a price as possible.

Exactly, plus that money could be freed up for spending ^^.

1 minute ago, Craigy1874 said:

That has to be fake.  Its noted as an Aston Villa announcement and the first place AVFC would make an announcement would be on the official website.

Yeah I thought it was, it's also dated a week ago.

Edited by PieFacE

Remember this point in years to come my fellow Villains. 5 years of circling the plug hole followed by the most embarrassing season as a Villa fan I have ever endured. Meeting people for the first time and being asked "who do you support mate?" and for the first time in my life hesitating as I am worried that they are going to laugh at me! This is the lowest of the low points in 34 years of supporting this wonderful club. Finally some hope. I am going to enjoy the climb to greatness and savour every last second of it. I am going to shamelessly rub my work colleagues noses in it, remembering all the shit they have given me this season.

Onwards and upwards!! 

VTID

Spoiler

Assuming the new owners are filthy rich of course. 

5 minutes ago, Zatman said:

wasnt it quoted 125million end of last season? Lerner isnt the shrewdest that probably 6million ;)

sounds like hes been shrewd enough to cream £60m out of the coffers in the last year...

IIRC the year end figures that we reported whilst obviously shit in the year and showing a huge loss also showed that the money we owed lerner had dropped from >£100m to around £30m, assume that he took another chunk out last year, has he quietly gone about his business and not actually taking the huge hit on us that will be reported when this sale goes through?

1 minute ago, Craigy1874 said:

That has to be fake.  Its noted as an Aston Villa announcement and the first place AVFC would make an announcement would be on the official website.

That and the Chinese articles went up almost 3 hours ago. Where is the BBC and Sky inundating us with Aston Villa Sold! It's not real until actual news media in our neck of the woods and the official site declare it to be so.