The 2016 Takeover Thread

Sam3773

57 minutes ago, MrSmirch said:

My worry is that this recent football explosion in China is just a fad that will pass in a few years when the president decides he wants his people to be the best at something else.

Then, all these investors will look to move on and curry favour in some new way. 

I for one will take 'a few years' of lots of money, thanks !! Stuff the long term.

38 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

sounds like hes been shrewd enough to cream £60m out of the coffers in the last year...

IIRC the year end figures that we reported whilst obviously shit in the year and showing a huge loss also showed that the money we owed lerner had dropped from >£100m to around £30m, assume that he took another chunk out last year, has he quietly gone about his business and not actually taking the huge hit on us that will be reported when this sale goes through?

I think that was written off to make the books all look better for a sale, rather than $$ paid back.

10 minutes ago, AlwaysAVFC said:

Just been browsing for more information and the small Heath alliance forum keeps coming up towards the top of the search. 

It appears they found that website earlier than it was on here. Can't fault their dedication for all things Villa :lol:

I can't believe they actually have a busy Villa thread on their forum! I've just had to go and have a look because I didn't think that that level obsession even existed, but I was very, very wrong. They've even said that they think we'll come out of this smelling roses so they need to rip the piss out of us as much as possible now because they likely won't be in a position to do it again anytime soon.

You couldn't make it up.

:crylaugh:

• Like 1

Whilst I agree that the chinese news site are more than likely very fake, just thinking about an "announcement" from another angle.... Seeing as it's highly reported that the sale is being conducted and finalised in China, maybe the new owners announced it as Aston Villa because they are owners of Aston Villa (I don't think they've changed the name to Aston Virra just yet ;) ) , and therefore have released the information in the news agency that they are most familiar and have easy access to?

34 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

I'd quite like our name to be changed to Aston Vera so i'm disappointed :D 

Vera till I die.

(not sure Up the Vera has quite the right ring to it).

• Like 3

1 minute ago, davemk39 said:

sale completion in days. Roberto di mateo preferred manager.

By whom? The people buying the club or is that your opinion?

7 minutes ago, davemk39 said:

sale completion in days. Roberto di mateo preferred manager.

Is Di Mateo really the type of manager to bring us back up to the Prem? Not sure he has the fight and drive for the championship to be honest...

Edited by 007√

1 minute ago, 007√ said:

Is Di Mateo really the type of manager to bring us back up to the Prem? Not sure he has the fight and drive for the championship to be honest...

He got West Brom promoted...

...but yeah, I'm not overly chuffed if we've got him.

1 minute ago, 007√ said:

He's got a team promoted from there before so....

1 minute ago, bobzy said:

He got West Brom promoted...

...but yeah, I'm not overly chuffed if we've got him.

Neither am I, something about him doesn't sit well with me.

Who are the other candidates that are being drawn up?

Villa are in HK for the soccer 7's.

Wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if Hollis is over there for that competition (if he's over there at all)  and the Meaning Evil has got it completely arse about face as usual.   

1 minute ago, andyh said:

Villa are in HK for the soccer 7's.

Wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if Hollis is over there for that competition (if he's over there at all)  and the Meaning Evil has got it completely arse about face as usual.   

Quite a few journos saying he is over there to complete the sale, think we're about to say bye bye to Randy!