I want the Chinese owners in

• I just dont think you understand

We'll go from chicken balti pies

To chicken chow mein with fries

I want the Chinese owners in

Edited by westholmevillan
Word missing
  • Like 2

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/chinese-statement-fuels-rumours-aston-11351834

Chinese statement fuels rumours Aston Villa sale is imminent

Reports that Aston Villa’s takeover has been announced on an obscure Chinese website have further fuelled an already frenetic takeover rumour mill.

A statement entitled “Ruikang joint acquisition of Aston Villa Club” has appeared on a Chinese finance forum, claiming a takeover has been agreed which makes Dr Tony Jiantong Xia the club’s new chairman.

A report on Chinese website guba.eastmoney.com, followed up by Sina Sports in China – which we have been unable to verify – stated the Rui Kang Group had signed an agreement subject to Premier League and FA approval.

However, Chinese websites tend to be more at risk of hacking than in the UK and the statement claims to be an official Aston Villa one – but it has not been issued in this country.

Gregg Evans on today's dramatic takeover news

Since the reports were published, the a Premier League source has told the Mail "little progress has been made" on the deal.

It states: “Dr. Xia will become Chairman of Aston Villa and looks forward to the club returning to the Premier League as well the pinnacle of Euro Football as soon as possible.”

The Mail has contacted Aston Villa regarding the reports but has been unable to verify them. However, they have set pulses racing among fans on Villa forums.

Cheers Graeme. My pulse, however, isn't 'racing' pal.

3 minutes ago, darrenm said:

I don't understand how it can be so close to completion yet no one knows who the group/person even is who's buying us?

Most people involved in the deal (finance, lawyers etc) are not football fans, and combined with the threat of losing your job and being sued for breaching an NDA, is usually convincing enough to not leak it to some clown at Sky Sports or muppets on an internet forum

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, mwj said:

Most people involved in the deal (finance, lawyers etc) are not football fans, and combined with the threat of losing your job and being sued for breaching an NDA, is usually convincing enough to not leak it to some clown at Sky Sports or muppets on an internet forum

Cheers Gonzo

12 minutes ago, darrenm said:

I don't understand how it can be so close to completion yet no one knows who the group/person even is who's buying us?

well...what if they do? What if it's the Rui Kang group? 

6 minutes ago, davemk39 said:

comolli is brilliant at spending millions on cr4p players.

Looking at his Liverpool signings, I don't think they are too bad at all really. The ones I'd say were bad for the money were Adam and Coates. 

1 Andy Carroll, (22 when he signed on 31 Jan 11): £35m, 49 total appearances, 10 goals
2 Luis Suárez (24 on 31/1/11): £22.7m, 46, 17
3 Jordan Henderson (20 on 9/6/11): £20m, 41, 1
4 Charlie Adam (25 on 8/7/11): £8.5m, 35, 2
5 Stewart Downing (26 on 9/7/11): £20m, 39, 2
6 Doni (31 on 15/7/11): free, 2, 0
7 José Enrique (25 on 12/8/11): £7m, 39, 0
8 Sebastián Coates (20 on 30/8/11): £7m, 10, 1
9 Craig Bellamy (32 on 31/8/11): free, 32, 9
10 Jordan Ibe (16 on 12/12/11): £500k, 0, 0
11 Danny Ward (18 on 30/1/12): £100k, 0, 0

The ones I'd say were bad for the money were Adam and Coates.  Not sure what his Spurs record is like mind.

Edited by PieFacE

1 hour ago, Ryan. said:

Imagine the China trip was a blanket and he's taking to Tony Adams :ph34r:

"...claiming a takeover has been agreed which makes Dr TONY Jiantong Xia the club’s new chairman."

....  :detect: