Bernstein/King resign?

Delphinho123

Here is the interview in text form:

'It's a very proud club with a great tradition, a wonderful fanbase, it has a terrific future. I think that will come under a different owner, I hope the sale will proceed speedily. But I think the fans of Aston Villa have shown a loyalty which is quite remarkable. And they deserve much better than they have seen in recent years.'

Report then asks if it was a tough decision to step down.

'A very difficult one, I've been a supporter, I've been watching Aston Villa now for over 55 years. It's a large part of my life. It's been a big part of my life. But my letter of resignation explained exactly why I stood down. Along with David Bernstein. Both of us very much hope that the events in the next few weeks will put Villa back on track to where it should be, it is one of the great clubs of this country, it was involved in the foundation of the football league itself, Champions of Europe, we will get back there after a period.'

Edited by DK82
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, DK82 said:

Here is the interview in text form:

'It's a very proud club with a great tradition, a wonderful fanbase, it has a terrific future. I think that will come under a different owner, I hope the sale will proceed speedily. But I think the fans of Aston Villa have shown a loyalty which is quite remarkable. And they deserve much better than they have seen in recent years.'

Report then asks if it was a tough decision to step down.

'A very difficult one, I've been a supporter, I've been watching Aston Villa now for over 55 years. It's a large part of my life. It's been a big part of my life. But my letter of resignation explained exactly why I stood down. Along with David Bernstein. Both of us very much hope that the events in the next few weeks will put Villa back on track to where it should be, it is one of the great clubs of this country, it was involved in the foundation of the football league itself, Champions of Europe, we will get back there after a period.'

Enough respect to mr king. Thank you for your contribution in such a short space of time, along with mr Bernstein. Both noble and great gentlemen 

• Like 4

He's a tough one to read is Mr King. 

So, it's obvious from his resignation letter and the interview that he thinks the only way for the club to move forward is under a new owner. He then talks optimistically about the future and being champions of Europe again!

Does he know something about a sale, or is this just PR nonsense??

I'm hoping he's expecting an imminent sale...

15 minutes ago, omariqy said:

I look forward to a summer of people making up rumours about Larry Ellison on TBAR.

Oh God that pissed me off. There was literally NOTHING linking Ellison to Villa - people just made it all up because he's really really rich.

30 minutes ago, omariqy said:

I look forward to a summer of people making up rumours about Larry Ellison on TBAR.

Or the Saudi Prince spotted at BMH, when in reality it was the owners of the local kebab shop delivering Gabby's latest order.

• Like 2

King has brightened up my day. I hope the sale is as close as he says. And if he's optimistic about the potential new owner, that's good enough for me to get excited.

Can we have the takeover thread back now pleeeeaaassseee? We're very sorry about the last one. We promise to keep talk of Mendi, Kwan, Admin on TBAR, Larry Ellison, air traffic control at Birmingham International to a minimum this time! Honest. [emoji56]

Just now, Sam3773 said:

King has brightened up my day. I hope the sale is as close as he says. And if he's optimistic about the potential new owner, that's good enough for me to get excited.

Can we have the takeover thread back now pleeeeaaassseee? We're very sorry about the last one. We promise to keep talk of Mendi, Kwan, Admin on TBAR, Larry Ellison, air traffic control at Birmingham International to a minimum this time! Honest. emoji56.png

Where would the fun in that ?

Just now, Paddywhack said:

I'm sure this has been asked and answered numerous times, so sorry if I've missed it, but why did they both step down at this point if a sale was imminent? I don't understand.

I think there are scenarios where it's possible.

The new owners might want their own board, for example. The communication from Lerner might have been something along the lines of "I've nearly sold the club, the new owners will be bringing in their own board, there may be a place for you on it" and they've resigned because there's no stability in that.

Dunno, just spitballing.

• Like 1