Bernstein/King resign?

Delphinho123

Chap called Pelty on H&V who is attracting some scorn for trying to suggest that all is not quite as it seems in terms of Bernstein & King being the good guys and Randy being the bad guy.

Nut job, you may think, but he professes to be The General's son.

Looks like "Pelty" is getting a bit of a hammering on H&V.

I'm a bit outraged that Krulak's son should choose to post on a site other than Villatalk.

4 hours ago, KSV said:

The only way i see any of this making sense. 

New buyer has made an offer of say 75 million to the club. Randy obviously wanted 150 million last season. He has to accept that the club is not worth as much anymore (sucked in to you sir) and maybe he is holding out for 100 million. 

Buyers are willing to walk away from the deal. The board obviously try to convince him this is the best way forward for the club.. and they possibly have helped the new buyer attain someone like Moyes suggesting to Moyes that a buyer with a bit of cash is lined up and wants him in charge. 

Randy finds out via the General (useless piece of shit that he is) and he is upset that all this has gone on behind his back. Still refuses to accept 75 million. Buyer ready to cancel deal. In an act of desperation the legend that Lord King is.. as a villa fan..  resigns along with Bernstein and just happen to leak the resignation letters. Ultimately putting public pressure via newspapers/media, fan pressure etc in a last ditch effort to have the club sold. Hollis plays along and gets a message on the OS. Lord King goes on TV and makes mention of the sale to really confirm a sale could take place but Lerner holding it up. 

What happens next is anyones guess..... but my guess is that Randy Lerner will cancel any sale.. wait and try and get promoted before selling the club despite the current interest. 

Where are the hookers in this story...and why is Bacuna not involved?  1/10 WNB

• Like 2

It does seem to me a bit of spoilt rich American saying you can't talk to me like that, with British rich privilege doing the same. Whilst Brian Little sits back and retains the only quiet dignity left at the club.

39 minutes ago, Lerner's Driver said:

Chap called Pelty on H&V who is attracting some scorn for trying to suggest that all is not quite as it seems in terms of Bernstein & King being the good guys and Randy being the bad guy.

Yeah, try bringing some balance to the debate and you just get ridiculed.

The evidence is there that Lerner is poor at his job but the evidence is seemingly there that these two acted in an unprofessional and childish way. Not what you want nor expect from two board members and I'm a bit lost as to why they are receiving so much support tbh.

2 minutes ago, Woodytom said:

Yeah, try bringing some balance to the debate and you just get ridiculed.

The evidence is there that Lerner is poor at his job but the evidence is seemingly there that these two acted in an unprofessional and childish way. Not what you want nor expect from two board members and I'm a bit lost as to why they are receiving so much support tbh.

Where's this then?

I want Lerner gone - but there's stuff you just don't put in writing.

Concerning for me is the football board never met.

We need an onsite presence - it just seems everyone at VP runs riot.  - Hollis has at least 3 other jobs - who exactly runs VP on a day to day basis ? 

10 minutes ago, jon_c said:

It does seem to me a bit of spoilt rich American saying you can't talk to me like that, with British rich privilege doing the same. Whilst Brian Little sits back and retains the only quiet dignity left at the club.

Whats Brian Little doing by the way so far?  Apart from talking to Stan 'i want to be in the limelight' Collymore

Yeah, try bringing some balance to the debatee and you just get ridiculed.

LOL. I don't think Pelty is bringing "balance" to the debate, nor adducing anything like evidence.

1 hour ago, Woodytom said:

So, these to supposed professional men of honour were slagging off the man in charge?

Hmmm what a great remedy for the already poisonous atmosphere at villa park.

Good riddance...........

You don't know what was actually in the email.

It could be perfectly fine - the problem is the owner wants a say in all decisions which is causing significant delays in making decisions quickly which is causing issues; there needs to be delegated authority and the owner needs to step back as he does not understand football sufficiently.

Or it could be out of order - Randy's a clearing in the woods and he has a tiny willy.

If it's in the tone of the former, frankly that's what the club needs, and pinpoints Randy as being incredibly thin-skinned and tells us why we have had a succession of yes-men at the club. Professional people should be able to speak freely in private communications; the alternative is where opinions are only hinted at, so everyone else has to guess what they are actually saying. Given that the Football Board hadn't formally met yet, I personally find it encouraging that the members were (in my opinion), laying the groundwork in advance of the meetings - that's how things can get done and agreed quickly.

If it's the latter, then it's still OK with me, but I think you comments would be closer to the truth.

Just now, Pez1974 said:

You don't know what was actually in the email.

Exactly.

My point about how it's odd bernstein n king receive support regards it, yet randy doesn't.

Fwiw, I think the email obviously included detrimental content hence why randy blew his lid. But we don't know.

What we do know is that after 4 weeks, two board members have bailed and haven't really covered themselves in glory. Now that's not a lot to go on but enough for me to question whether we really want them at the club?

FWIW, you're doing what you were doing in the RL thread.

Calling Bernstein unprofessional and childish based on what? Your own uninformed opinion?

As DCJ said in the RL thread, we have years of mismanagement as evidence against Lerner, what evidence do we have that Bernstein and King were unprofessional? King is a lifelong fan of Villa, I'd trust his judgement over an American who inherited his wealth who hasn't been to a Villa game in years.

• Like 2

Email says 'Hey mervyns hope you are well, listen I've just tried to sack Doris the tea lady and Lerner won't let me. What an arse don't you think? . kind regards David'

'Hey David yes you're right he wouldn't let me sack the cleaner the other day either .Regards Mervyn '

1 minute ago, Richard said:

Email says 'Hey mervyns hope you are well, listen I've just tried to sack Doris the tea lady and Lerner won't let me. What an arse don't you think? . kind regards David'

'Hey David yes you're right he wouldn't let me sack the cleaner the other day either .Regards Mervyn '

Sacky McJob Cuts wouldn't have an issue with sacking off the people that make a club tick.

2 hours ago, Lerner's Driver said:

So he's unbiased then. :rolleyes:

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Woodytom said:

Exactly.

My point about how it's odd bernstein n king receive support regards it, yet randy doesn't.

Fwiw, I think the email obviously included detrimental content hence why randy blew his lid. But we don't know.

What we do know is that after 4 weeks, two board members have bailed and haven't really covered themselves in glory. Now that's not a lot to go on but enough for me to question whether we really want them at the club?

latest?cb=20121112150543

• Like 3