Bernstein/King resign?

Delphinho123

1 hour ago, Sam3773 said:

emoji23.png

I mean he had his phone in his pocket and.. Oh god he was driving his new Mercedies and.. Well, before he knew what was happening, he had forwarded 3 emails to the Birmingham Fail. emoji85.png

Lescott is the greatest hacker of all time. He managed to break into secure email servers and leak them to the press on an iPhone. While driving. WHILE IT WAS IN HIS POCKET.

Genius. ;)

• Like 2

4 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Why would he have it set up so he can read people's emails? Do you really care what people say to you behind your back?

Ignorance is bliss.

What a colossal word removed we have in charge of us. The sooner he dies the better.

Maybe he's a paranoid megalomaniac who claims to have lost interest in the club as a whole but is totally interested in anything that is said about him. 

I suspect Lerner has a man on the inside who received the infamous email and forwarded it to him More likely he has someone in the IT team who has instructions to keep an eye on traffic that mention Lerner and forward anything of note to him. If it is the latter talk about paranoia!

1 minute ago, Harry said:

I suspect Lerner has a man on the inside who received the infamous email and forwarded it to him More likely he has someone in the IT team who has instructions to keep an eye on traffic that mention Lerner and forward anything of note to him. If it is the latter talk about paranoia!

Krulak black ops

I have never heard of 2 Senior Club people openly broadcasting views on a sale (Hollis on the website announcement, King both in letter and going out of his way to be interviewed).

It is unprecedented.  It must have a cause. 

One of the very very odd things about it is that normally the BUYER would resent such airings - remember how Lerner 'pulled out' of talks when news that he was interested got out.

One must presume that neither of the 2 guys concerned would be daft enough to put off the buyers........so what gives ?

For me, that is the real mystery.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, terrytini said:

For me, that is the real mystery.

Given the seeming incompetence of the people running the place, for me the real mystery is how Villa Park has gone so long without burning down or exploding.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Villanun said:

Given the seeming incompetence of the people running the place, for me the real mystery is how Villa Park has gone so long without burning down or exploding.

Oh dear, you haven't seen the morning papers ?............

• Like 1

Don't know if this is a later addition to the BBC website story but I spotted these paragraphs:

It is understood that Bernstein and King came into Villa expecting a far greater level of authority and autonomy than they ultimately received.

Their initial communication with Lerner was positive, but that changed when they set about implementing their plans and it is not clear whether the owner was ever fully aware of the exact brief agreed between them and Hollis.

The newly formed football board - comprising Bernstein, King, former Villa player and manager Brian Little and ex-Football Association executive Adrian Bevington - never actually held a meeting or discussion as a group.

Just confirms the general air of chaos, confusion and shambles hanging over the club at present.

• Like 4

What more than likely happened is that Hollis sent out an email to the board stating that the actions that Bernstein and King wanted were rejected by randy.

Bernstein and King replied saying it was ridiculous and Lerner didn't know what he was doing.

The general was copied into the email chain and got said reply.

Lerner then gets sent a copy from the general.

Lerner emails like a stroppy child.

I'd be surprised if it was more than that

• Like 2

1 hour ago, briny_ear said:

Don't know if this is a later addition to the BBC website story but I spotted these paragraphs:

Just confirms the general air of chaos, confusion and shambles hanging over the club at present.

The club needs to hire a board to oversee the hiring of a board.

• Like 4

I can't wait until Lerner is finally gone and all the dirt comes out on him, beyond the crimes we already know he's committed. He might be a bit more diabolical than we thought though. He seems to be able to charm people at first, from Martin O'Neill to Mervyn King and everyone in between. But then everyone seems to cop on fairly quickly that he's a complete idiot. 

#worsethanellis

The only way i see any of this making sense. 

New buyer has made an offer of say 75 million to the club. Randy obviously wanted 150 million last season. He has to accept that the club is not worth as much anymore (sucked in to you sir) and maybe he is holding out for 100 million. 

Buyers are willing to walk away from the deal. The board obviously try to convince him this is the best way forward for the club.. and they possibly have helped the new buyer attain someone like Moyes suggesting to Moyes that a buyer with a bit of cash is lined up and wants him in charge. 

Randy finds out via the General (useless piece of shit that he is) and he is upset that all this has gone on behind his back. Still refuses to accept 75 million. Buyer ready to cancel deal. In an act of desperation the legend that Lord King is.. as a villa fan..  resigns along with Bernstein and just happen to leak the resignation letters. Ultimately putting public pressure via newspapers/media, fan pressure etc in a last ditch effort to have the club sold. Hollis plays along and gets a message on the OS. Lord King goes on TV and makes mention of the sale to really confirm a sale could take place but Lerner holding it up. 

What happens next is anyones guess..... but my guess is that Randy Lerner will cancel any sale.. wait and try and get promoted before selling the club despite the current interest. 

Edited by KSV

KSV may have some valid points there. It would not surprise me if our clueless owner has chance to sell the club but his stubborn pride is telling him not to do it because he can't leave us unless we are back in the Premier League. 

If Monty Python did football club owner sketches..... . 

Chap called Pelty on H&V who is attracting some scorn for trying to suggest that all is not quite as it seems in terms of Bernstein & King being the good guys and Randy being the bad guy.

Nut job, you may think, but he professes to be The General's son.