Bernstein/King resign?

Delphinho123

21 minutes ago, ozvillafan said:

Nah.

While he may be that kind of character, he's simply too distant to get any joy out of that.

Anything which stops the fans being onside and together is a good thing for him.

8 minutes ago, Sam3773 said:

I've thought about it all night and here are my current ideas:

Bernstein and King wanted to appoint someone before the end of the season. Get the jump on other clubs who haven't yet been relegated/removed their manager. They needed financial assurances from Lerner who wouldn't give them. The club is in sales negotiations and Lerner wanted to hold out until those come to fruition so he doesn't make false promises. He also doesn't want to promise a new manager a 'war chest' and then the sale falling through.

With both parties at loggerheads, Bernstein and King felt their positions were unachievable. They can't bring in a manager with no word on what funds he would have. It would explain why both King's resignation letter and the OS mentions talks to sell the club. I think they are an active thing which King believes is holding up the running of the club, including appointing a new manager, and thinks they should happen as soon as possible.

This is of course all my thoughts and may or may not be an accurate representation of the truth.

Sounds the most believable explanation to me so far. 

8 minutes ago, Sam3773 said:

I've thought about it all night and here are my current ideas:

Bernstein and King wanted to appoint someone before the end of the season. Get the jump on other clubs who haven't yet been relegated/removed their manager. They needed financial assurances from Lerner who wouldn't give them. The club is in sales negotiations and Lerner wanted to hold out until those come to fruition so he doesn't make false promises. He also doesn't want to promise a new manager a 'war chest' and then the sale falling through.

With both parties at loggerheads, Bernstein and King felt their positions were unachievable. They can't bring in a manager with no word on what funds he would have. It would explain why both King's resignation letter and the OS mentions talks to sell the club. I think they are an active thing which King believes is holding up the running of the club, including appointing a new manager, and thinks they should happen as soon as possible.

This is of course all my thoughts and may or may not be an accurate representation of the truth.

Sorry dont believe this at all.  Not picking on your post but it is just the latest one to proffer that opinion.

See the thing is both of these men are professional experienced individuals in their field who have seen takeover and mergers and acquisitions countless times.  They know the process and they know how it works.  If any sale was on the horizon or "advanced"  they would have known this 4 weeks ago when they joined.  If it was just starting now then similarly it wouldnt be an issue.  Either way they are professionals and would work to the schedule they would know that it could delay it if there is a takeover in the offing.  They would not be so precious to walk over it.  What it could be if not money is that they lined up a takeover and Lerner has turned down the offer

For me Lerner has decided to go all out and told Hollis to actively pursue a sale rather than get involved in new manager searches and funding promises etc.

The club is surely just about as saleable as it can get now with any new buyer effectively having an opportunity to buy, comparatively cheaply,  a traditional club with an already large fanbase Worldwide considering it's current plight. This opens the door to a variety of potential owners and ticks an awful lot of boxes to boot.

1. It has appeal to an owner who enjoys the buzz of turning a fallen giant into a success. They would be a hero if they rescued this club!

2. There is no manager present so a new owner can walk in and choose whoever they want.

3. The price (rumoured between 50m & 75m) is cheap for such a club.

4. The Birmingham area is undergoing massive renewal and is ripe for improvement with easy access to the Motorways and just an hour or so from London.

5. Birmingham Airport has new capacity and links with the Far East.

6. The stadium has planning permission to expand eventually.

7. The Aston area is ripe for renovation right by the Motorway!

8. The elite of the UK support the club, Royalty & Prime Minister along with lots of high profile fans the World over.

9. The Riches available in the Premier League are there to be gotten with some decent investment in the team.

I'm sure there's more but i believe Randy sees this and so has gone all out to sell effectively putting new manager searches on hold and thus making Bernstien & King effectively redundant.

• Like 2

Am I the only one concerned that cutting the price in half will attract even worse new owners?  I know we want rid of Randy more than ever, but those that can afford $75m may well not have enough to run even a mid-table premier league club.  There's plenty of dodgy folk out there wanting to get into football.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, rubberman said:

Am I the only one concerned that cutting the price in half will attract even worse new owners?  I know we want rid of Randy more than ever, but those that can afford $75m may well not have enough to run even a mid-table premier league club.  There's plenty of dodgy folk out there wanting to get into football.

Sure.....but equally it could put the club in the hands of less wealthy but more committed owners !

23 minutes ago, hippo said:

Sure.....but equally it could put the club in the hands of less wealthy but more committed owners !

This. 

By now, Randy has completely stopped investing in the club and it looks like he won't invest further. So an owner with a similar zero investment policy but a bucket of enthusiasm would be miles better.

1 hour ago, rubberman said:

Oh to be a mid table Premier League club.

2 hours ago, danceoftheshamen said:

For me Lerner has decided to go all out and told Hollis to actively pursue a sale rather than get involved in new manager searches and funding promises etc.

The club is surely just about as saleable as it can get now with any new buyer effectively having an opportunity to buy, comparatively cheaply,  a traditional club with an already large fanbase Worldwide considering it's current plight. This opens the door to a variety of potential owners and ticks an awful lot of boxes to boot.

1. It has appeal to an owner who enjoys the buzz of turning a fallen giant into a success. They would be a hero if they rescued this club!

2. There is no manager present so a new owner can walk in and choose whoever they want.

3. The price (rumoured between 50m & 75m) is cheap for such a club.

4. The Birmingham area is undergoing massive renewal and is ripe for improvement with easy access to the Motorways and just an hour or so from London.

5. Birmingham Airport has new capacity and links with the Far East.

6. The stadium has planning permission to expand eventually.

7. The Aston area is ripe for renovation right by the Motorway!

8. The elite of the UK support the club, Royalty & Prime Minister along with lots of high profile fans the World over.

9. The Riches available in the Premier League are there to be gotten with some decent investment in the team.

I'm sure there's more but i believe Randy sees this and so has gone all out to sell effectively putting new manager searches on hold and thus making Bernstien & King effectively redundant.

AN7Ztia.jpg

16 hours ago, StanBalaban said:

One girl actually coughed up her own pelvis. It's a **** disgrace.

One young kiddie on Cake cried all the water out of his body. Just imagine how his mother felt. It's a ****ing disgrace.

Institutionalised cruelty is one thing, but the twisted brain-wrong of a one-off man-mental is quite another. Ted Maul disturbs.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, rubberman said:

Lots of investors have looked to the lower leagues in recent years. Not necessarily because they can't afford a Premier League club but they see better value in saving on the buy-out fee, investing the money saved on building infrastructure and then securing promotion. As a result, some of them appear [on the face of it] better run than a lot of the prexisting top-flight clubs. Leicester and Southampton two obvious examples.

Then you can also look at the numerous failed owners who did buy clubs whilst they were in the Premier League. There is always the risk with a change of ownership regardless. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, gaffmaster said:

It is strange that Riley stays on, when Almstadt and Fox are out the door. Especially when the main problems this season stem from last summer's recruitment process.

So there might be something in this Riley theory.

I fundamentally disagree with this - our problems weren't caused by the spending we did last summer - our three best players this season (Ayew, Gana and Amavi) cam from that recruitment and that spending. Our problems stem from the three years before that when rather than spending on good players we spent peanuts on a lucky dip lottery approach in the hope that one would come good. I actually believe our problems might not be what they are if we'd started this process the summer before. For me the summer was a step in the right direction, but we were in such a massive hole that it didn't matter. That's not me saying Riley is a genius, but I think he's not quite the complete nutcase people have him down as.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, sexbelowsound said:

It was clear to everyone and their dog that this club was going to need substantial investment to make us competitive again.

Are we really suggesting that King and Bernstein went into this, got as far as coming up with a strategy and then found out their wasn't a budget when they wanted to implement it?

They aren't that naive.

I'd have thought they'd have been in a position to set a budget - to be able to say that in order to go forward the club will need to spend this amount of money, it's sensible for the club to then take on this amount of debt and would be good if this amount of owner-investment could be provided - the spending of the money comes down to the manager, Riley and whoever is the CEO in the absence of the title when they're later finding players to fit the budget. I have a feeling that this is why the stories 'leaked' out about the delay in the manager being down to the budget not yet being finalised. I think the budget was rejected by the Chairman and the Owner and I'm guessing the changes they suggested to it weren't what the football board wanted to hear.