Favourite Villa Pics

dont_do_it_doug.

3 hours ago, villa4europe said:

pa-8128665.jpg

This won some sort of award for best sporting pic. I cut it out the supplement it was in at the time. It's between pages in a book somewhere in the house?

• Like 1

I can recommend an excellent book, “The Weir and The Wonderful” published by the club. It’s a collection of photographs, many snapped behind the scenes, by legendary club photographer Terry Weir. I’m looking through it now, I think the wife might be peeling onions.....

I posted this on the wrong thread earlier. This is a great thread and people have posted some fantastic pictures. There are some great one’s in Terry Weir’s book too, lots of them from behind the scenes that we wouldn’t ordinarily have seen. He was a great photographer and great Villa man too. RIP Terry. 

Edited by DaveAV1
  • Like 3

I can't find the pic now but i remember after the cup win vs yanited there was a newspaper photo of some whipper snapper, punk ass kid called Graham Fenton standing over Paul Ince who is on the deck, looking up at GF as if to say "who the hell is this kid ?!", whilst at the same time GF seems to be thinking/saying "...and what ?? And WHAT ?!?!"

Quality !

On 05/08/2013 at 01:51, The_Rev said:

8dhmWOC.jpg

Not much more to add than that recently, but a little piece of history that the Villa are a part of.  It was commissioned to celebrate Sunderland's title win in 1895, back in the days when Sunderland and Villa were the two dominant forces in English football. Between us we won the title nine times (Villa 5, Sunderland 4) in eleven seasons between 1891/92 and 1901/02.  It was restored recently and is on display at The Stadium of Light, Sunderland. 

(source)

There you go from a conversation in 2013!

• Like 3

Â