Favourite Villa Pics

dont_do_it_doug.

5 hours ago, ferguson1 said:

Have no pic handy I'm afraid but does anyone recall or was there when we beat Sheffield Wednesday away 3-2, it was Big Ron's first game in charge! Think it was 1991-92 season?  Two goals down in the game but what a fight back and Steve Staunton getting the winner.  I was 16 at the time and my dad got us both tickets, we had a great day up there and even better drive home.  Sorry reminiscing now!

I was 15 and remember it like yesterday! Went with the old man, the sun was blazing our support was amazing... Sung big fat rons claret and blue army continuously !! I'm with you.. What an away day!

• Like 1

That black and white pic of the team celebrating promotion on p2 of this thread......sobering thought is that 2 of them are now deceased (ok, you can only see paul birch's head on extreme left, but I am pretty sure it's him) and Bernie Gallagher second top left 

:o(

Edited by mottaloo

1 minute ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

@dAVe80 3rd image down, is that from the 7-1? 

The last pic of Deano is superb.

Not sure, it could very well be. I tend to save old Villa pictures when I come across them and use them for twitter and facebook cover photos. I think that one came from a Birmingham Mail gallery. Agree about the last Deano one. It's fantastic isn't it? Especially with a packed, all standing Holte in the background.  

28 minutes ago, dAVe80 said:

Not sure, it could very well be. I tend to save old Villa pictures when I come across them and use them for twitter and facebook cover photos. I think that one came from a Birmingham Mail gallery. Agree about the last Deano one. It's fantastic isn't it? Especially with a packed, all standing Holte in the background.  

Well I've nicked it. It's one of the best photos I've ever seen. But then I am biased, particularly when it comes to 92/93 Villa.

• Like 1

Just watched that video of the Sheffield Wednesday match, what a day that was, what a team! Some of our present day 'players' should take a watch of it, pace,power,desire,teamwork. Every time God touched the ball it always went back simple to our team no fanning about,get it forward get it in the net.

I feel old!

Â