Favourite Villa Pics

dont_do_it_doug.

10 hours ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

464A7874-C3D8-4653-B3D3-B15F45D7C537.jpeg

A copy of this was attached to the side of my computer the next day with the caption "Dion Dublin speaks for the nation" stuck on it. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

This is one of my my favorite pictures - so evocative of a era long lost.

Note the gas holders in the background in full use, one full and one half empty.  I wonder what colour they were in those days? Surely not claret and blue.  Only the 2 there then, the third was more recent.

Sadly they are imminently to be demolished 😞

Edit - actually from that angle they were probably the green ones that have already gone a few years ago.

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 1

8dhmWOC.jpg

Not sure how true this is but I seem to recall that the person who painted this couldn't paint hands/fingers and that's the reason why all the players have clenched fists - nothing to do with them all wanting to hit each other!

• Haha 1

After last nights disgrace I thought a pic of happier times from the past might lighten the mood! 1920 FA Cup Final the first after World War I.  We won 1-0 after extra time at Stamford Bridge against Huddersfield. Our 6th triumph. First ever Cup Final where extra time was played.

Aston Villa v Huddersfield Town FA Cup Final at Stamford Bridge, 24th April 1920. Prince Henry shakes hands with Billy Walker as the Aston Villa players line up to meet royalty before the match.jpg

• Like 2

Â