Favourite Villa Pics

dont_do_it_doug.

• 4 weeks later...

^

I might be wrong but I think that's the only time Villa have beaten Man United in all my years as a fan. Given that we've beaten every single other top club about half a dozen times in that same period, it's **** ridiculous. What is it about that **** club that we just can't beat them?

On 3/15/2016 at 19:14, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Age. 

I was 9 at the time. Which granted is still a bit late but I don't come from a football family *really*. Though my granddads supported Villa and Blues respectively they had a pact between them not to push me either way, which the stuck to. My dad is Villa now because of me (flip reversed that one) and my sister is a ST holder. 

Almost exactly the same as me.

Except mine was 1996. But again I was 9 years old, pretty late to football due to my Dad not being a football man (unlike you I didn't manage to convince him).

This is a fantastic thread by the way. Kudos for starting it (even though a couple of people seem to be confused)

• Like 1

On 3/15/2016 at 18:55, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Ashley%20Young_zpsbl3u15cv.jpg

This would be mine.

It probably shouldn't be, it was a relatively meaningless game vs Everton. But I honestly think that was my favourite ever moment as a Villa Fan. We've won cups in my time, but that was probably the most joyous moment I've had.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

This would be mine.

It probably shouldn't be, it was a relatively meaningless game vs Everton. But I honestly think that was my favourite ever moment as a Villa Fan. We've won cups in my time, but that was probably the most joyous moment I've had.

I agree, that was probably the most craziest i have got. seeing that mug lescotts face when young done him that a bitch

11 hours ago, StanBalaban said:

article-1303002-0ACBAF82000005DC-205_634

Imagine that midfield today :(

Only time that combination ever happened? Downing played too. West Ham at home first day of the season 10/11, and we sold Jim a few days later, wasn't it? All thoughts of O'Neill leaving were out the window by half time, things looked bright. Really bright. What could have been.

Edited by hogso
  • Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
Â