Next Manager/ Season

OneNightInRotterdam

3 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Whoever it is, let's get this season finished before we appoint him. No point bringing in another victim for this campaign.

You see I'm  of the exact opposite opinion. Any new manager will need time to assess the quality and attitude of the squad, what better time than now?

We need to hit the ground running in a August, bringing in a new guy in the close season would surely halt that?

1 minute ago, mikeyp102 said:

Said it before and it won't happen but Warburton would be awesome. Moyes or Dyche would also be good.

That would be my shortlist. 

Mind you, Pellegrini's free this summer...

6 minutes ago, av1 said:

We need to hit the ground running in a August, bringing in a new guy in the close season would surely halt that?

I know where you coming from, but I think any new manager is going to lose at least most and probably all of our next seven games - he's going to learn that the squad has problems, mentally and in terms of quality, he can do that watching. I don't want us to arrive in the summer with a manager already under pressure for his job and with no momentum. 

I'd like a clean start in the summer - this season just needs to end, I wouldn't want to saddle the new man with this campaign.

• Like 2

I know where you coming from, but I think any new manager is going to lose at least most and probably all of our next seven games - he's going to learn that the squad has problems, mentally and in terms of quality, he can do that watching. I don't want us to arrive in the summer with a manager already under pressure for his job and with no momentum. 

I'd like a clean start in the summer - this season just needs to end, I wouldn't want to saddle the new man with this campaign.

Having him train them and get to know them personally would be a big benefit though so it's a tough one! We will be relegated in a couple of weeks so wait till then then announce the new bloke! 

Don't really want the new manager officially in charge until the end of the season. He'll be tainted by the relegation and get stick if we're just as shit in the last few games. Keep this muggy caretaker in charge. 

I want Dyche anyway so hope this is the plan.

5 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Those are fair points. Maybe a solution that would ally both our worries (which I'm sure the club would be working on) would be to employ the favoured candidate early withba view to taking over at the end of the season (they wouldn't even have to make that public). Thus giving the new fella a number of months to access the squad without the baggage of getting hammered every week. 

16 minutes ago, a m ole said:

Just not **** Pearson. Seriously, I'd have @Woodytom in charge over Pearson, you did say you'd be able to get a rise out of the players the other day didn't you mate?

Stuart Pearce is probably the only man in world football i want less.