Next Manager/ Season

OneNightInRotterdam

23 hours ago, dudevillaisnice said:

Yeah because it's all the same isn't it?

Local Leicester paper vs Talksport. Hmm.

I hadn't seen that local paper report, I was only given those two links which on the face of it again isn't reliable.

Though I think you knew that anyway.

It seems Leicester have a very good recruitment system as they have shown this season with Amartey so again it probably only needed authorising so again I'd be wary about giving Pearson credit with it.

I watched a MoTd recently where they talked about all the behind the scene work Pearson had done, that his back room team/scout set/recruitment was all is work/put in place by him & while Ranieri should rightly take a lot of credit he pretty much picked up what had been put in place by NP.

My wife's Friend teaches in Lecister, has a season ticket (though is a villa fan) has got chatting to a couple ofplayers (via obvious reasons) & they said the same thing, Pearson was brilliant to work with/for. 

Edited by mightysasquatch

We must stop being a circus on and off the pitch - IF we signed Pearson, the press would goad him each week, hoping for another Ostrich incident or a player throttling mid-game.

We need to portray a professional image for all aspects of the club. The players, board(s) and fans need to buy into it for it to succeed.

I agree tba. If we hired Pearson, presumably before or after Leicester win the league, you just know that the press are going to ask him a dozen questions around how he feels about a team he put together and got sacked from winning the league etc etc. Whether he's happy for Leicester or not, you can tell that he'd get sick of the questions after a week or two.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Ausvilla72 said:

Not having a go at anyone here, (and I'm not sure whether Pearson would be right for us) but is there any proof that Pearson causes problems in his own dressing room? I know he is a prick to media, opposition, fans etc but surely he must be ok with his own players as his record seems ok. When he gets a team to win Championship and also avoid relegation when things looking bleak, not many fractured teams could do that....

I'm merely looking at our current playing staff - they wrongly don't adapt to change and would rather stop trying than giving a new system a go.

Some would undoubtedly fall out with Pearson with his brusque manner.

I watched a MoTd recently where they talked about all the behind the scene work Pearson had done, that his back room team/scout set/recruitment was all is work/put in place by him & while Ranieri should rightly take a lot of credit he pretty much picked up what had been put in place by NP.

My wife's Friend teaches in Lecister, has a season ticket (though is a villa fan) has got chatting to a couple ofplayers (via obvious reasons) & they said the same thing, Pearson was brilliant to work with/for. 

I've seen different reports, rumours and 'ITK' about this, but the truth is that no-one really knows. You can't pinpoint the exact reason why Leicester are about to win the league. It could be something put in place by Pearson, but it could equally be something that he had nothing to do with, or could be something that he initialised but has since been tweaked by Ranieri.

I wouldn't trust anything from the mouth of anyone other than someone right there, on the coaching staff now, who has been there to witness the change in fortunes, and even then, you're only taking their assumption of what has helped them into the position they're in.

Think of how many Villa season ticket holders think they know the ins and outs of our set-up, and the reason for our downfall.

Also, being 'brilliant to work with/for' is neither here nor there if you don't succeed in the job. Remi Garde may be brilliant to work with and for, but we're still about to get relegated.

I'm merely looking at our current playing staff - they wrongly don't adapt to change and would rather stop trying than giving a new system a go.

Some would undoubtedly fall out with Pearson with his brusque manner.

Maybe a manager falling out with some of the current playing staff will be a good thing. If that means we can get rid of the mentally weak players it could be good for us longer term

1 minute ago, Ausvilla72 said:

Maybe a manager falling out with some of the current playing staff will be a good thing. If that means we can get rid of the mentally weak players it could be good for us longer term

But players like Gabby, Richards, Lescott, N'Zogbia etc aren't playing to their ability for the current manager and look where that's got us?

Gabby especially is influential in the dressing room and a strong character - he needs to leave the club in order for the next manager to succeed. I can't see either Richards or Lescott being here next season either and N'Zogbia is finally out of contract!

10 minutes ago, danceoftheshamen said:

I can't believe N'Zogbia's contract is nearly up!!  :D

egg timer.jpg

Lets throw a frggin party, probably one of our biggest ever flops. Why the hell Mcleish gave him a 5 year deal i will never know. But all I know, noone is going to pay this clown anything near what we have

• Like 1

Pearson would be a shocking appointment

Especially considering it was actually his coaches and not himself that did most of the work during his time at Leicester

He will just be another prime example of where we have been in the past in terms of managers we have brought in but just don't work without their backroom team

Pearson can do one and alienate the players and fans of another football club i'm tired of all the circus at Villa 

Dyche or Moyes for me with Steve Round as his number two who is available and was his second in command during his time at Everton it really is a no brainer

Edited by AshVilla

Does any believe that Leicester would be where they are if Pearson was still manager? Personally I think they'd struggle to make the top half.

He may have been responsible for the players there , but success needs the right players and the right manager. (A combination we can never seem to find) And the man getting the best out of that squad, with tactics, training, motivation, selection or whatever it is he is doing right, is Ranieri.

Whoever comes in, I'm going to go with it, because Bernstein has been in the game a long time and will have had a specific manager in mind from the moment he was approached to join the board and he will have the contacts needed to conduct a thorough background check - no letters of recommendation from sir alex or wenger.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, theboyangel said:

Not at all, firstly we need players that are more interested in playing for the club than their bank balance (tough call nowadays) and a manager that won't be seen as a joke (I think Pearson would be ridiculed by certain elements within the dressing room).

See I dont think he would stand for any of that nonsense, he type of guy that give the players one chance and **** it up their gone. Look at type of characters he signed for Leicester Vardy, Huth, Drinkwater. Tough bastards who put in a shift without an attitude and no lack of talent. He wouldnt put up with Gabby strolling around like he playing a testimonial

45 minutes ago, Zatman said:

See I dont think he would stand for any of that nonsense, he type of guy that give the players one chance and **** it up their gone. Look at type of characters he signed for Leicester Vardy, Huth, Drinkwater. Tough bastards who put in a shift without an attitude and no lack of talent. He wouldnt put up with Gabby strolling around like he playing a testimonial

you say they'd be gone but where?

just like we easily managed to offload N'Zogbia?

I'm sure Garde would like rid of gabby too, as he strolls around each game but instead he's still here.

until we offload these Professionals, no manager will have a chance.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Ausvilla72 said:

Not having a go at anyone here, (and I'm not sure whether Pearson would be right for us) but is there any proof that Pearson causes problems in his own dressing room? I know he is a prick to media, opposition, fans etc but surely he must be ok with his own players as his record seems ok. When he gets a team to win Championship and also avoid relegation when things looking bleak, not many fractured teams could do that....

Quite agree with you Ausvilla72. was there, is there a bomb squad at the foxes? i genuinely didn't think there was. Yes Pearson can be described as prickly at best, but for me he can get results next season and guide us back up.

13 minutes ago, Dave J said:

Quite agree with you Ausvilla72. was there, is there a bomb squad at the foxes? i genuinely didn't think there was. Yes Pearson can be described as prickly at best, but for me he can get results next season and guide us back up.

Good managers seem to have 'prickly' in their DNA. SAF, Wenger Saunders, etc are names that spring to mind. (BTW I'm not suggesting Pearson is on that level!). So I agree not an issue.