Next Manager/ Season

OneNightInRotterdam

1 hour ago, theboyangel said:

you say they'd be gone but where?

just like we easily managed to offload N'Zogbia?

I'm sure Garde would like rid of gabby too, as he strolls around each game but instead he's still here.

until we offload these Professionals, no manager will have a chance.

he will put them in the reserves and not play them which Garde doesnt have the bottle to do. His love of Lescott is borderline insane at this stage, a strong manager would have him replaced by kids at this stage and like Kenny Jackett did at Wolves just throw away the bad eggs like O'Hara and Johnson and keep them away from the squad

So create another bomb-squad Zatman?

We've done this before and proven this does not work and only causes more problems.

I'd also love to know who these 'kids' are that are going to come in and play? It's like we have an endless supply of playing staff waiting in the wings.

Just now, StefanAVFC said:

Like Lambert did?

was one of rare things he did that was good like removing Bent from squad though he ruined it by bringing back players like Hutton, Given back

4 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

So create another bomb-squad Zatman?

We've done this before and proven this does not work and only causes more problems.

I'd also love to know who these 'kids' are that are going to come in and play? It's like we have an endless supply of playing staff waiting in the wings.

nobody said they have to be good players but I be happy to see a bunch of youth players trying instead of watching Lescott, Richards and Gabby not giving a ****

2 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

so who would you play in place of them? that's the question

anybody at this stage instead of seeing these clowns wear the Villa jersey again, we must have right backs and centre defenders in Under 18 or 21 team that will actually try

22 minutes ago, Zatman said:

anybody at this stage instead of seeing these clowns wear the Villa jersey again, we must have right backs and centre defenders in Under 18 or 21 team that will actually try

This is just nonsense. No manager in their right mind is going to do this. And `trying' is not enough.

Just now, AntrimBlack said:

This is just nonsense. No manager in their right mind is going to do this. And `trying' is not enough.

well trying would be a lot more that the "talent" we have now are doing

3 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

But would still achieve less.

:lol:

we are bottom of the table and are among the worst Premier League teams in history, dont think they could achieve anything less 

There are several issues I have with blooding the youth at this moment:

Firstly, I don't see anyone that could come in a do 'a job' straight away - Lyden has shown glimpses but the likes of Sellars, Murphy, Davies and even Easah Suliman are way too young and not physically at that level yet.

The team are all but relegated with minimal morale and an ingrained culture of laziness within the first team squad - why would we risk tainting our future players with the stigma of relegation and expose them to the first team culture we're so desperate to eradicate.

Also, both Sherwood and Garde have rightly been apportioned some of the blame for our current predicament but so should those first team players - who have not performed and merely gone through the motions, thinking about the paycheck at the end of the day.

These players should be made to endure every minute of the remaining matches and their ineptitude should be highlighted by the attending fans. The time to get behind the team has gone, those players have seen to that and rarely given us a thing to cheer about, instead surrendering/collapsing regularly at the first hurdle.

Dropping those players would only give them a shield to hide behind and laugh at the fans/club.

If it wasn't for the over-riding sense of apathy that hangs over Villa Park, the atmosphere could be a lot lot worse - I don't want our next generation experiencing the toxicity that other players deserve.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, jon_c said:

Does any believe that Leicester would be where they are if Pearson was still manager? Personally I think they'd struggle to make the top half.

He may have been responsible for the players there , but success needs the right players and the right manager. (A combination we can never seem to find) And the man getting the best out of that squad, with tactics, training, motivation, selection or whatever it is he is doing right, is Ranieri.

You might well argue that the form they displayed at the end of last season, would in many peoples eyes be considered title winning form?

All I know is I'm cheering for hull to get promoted so we don't end up with fist face as I think if he leaves hull he will be who the board will target.

lets hope that if the rumours of moyes being interested are true we should be only interviewing him. That's ho a majority of the fans want. For me makes sense for moyes, as as bad as we gave been this year we will be better next season I gave no doubt about that. If moyes get us up his reputation is rebuilt

Doesn't really bother me when he leaves as I can't see him in charge next season anyway.

I'm more concerned going forward on who will be in charge and what changes we will make to the squad.

For me we have bad eggs in the squad regardless of their ability good or bad who need shipping out very swiftly before any sort of rebuild takes place. If they can't be shipped they need to be forced to train with the U21's well away from the senior squad.

We need some professionalism installed within the club, it all seems very relaxed and amateurish; won't stand a chance in the championship.