Next Manager/ Season

OneNightInRotterdam

Bruce: No way in hell. The guy is a known failure at premier league level.

Moyes: Ya, I guess as he'd get us back to mid-table stability but the guy plays muck football... could also be damaged goods post Man Utd., and his Spanish sojourn,

Pearson: A scumbag and somewhat unknown at premier league level, in that although he did a good job keeping Leicester up, I'd be worried that he's a one season wonder. However, he would kick the hell out of the detestable culture that has infected the club.

Open to other options, you bet!  Forgot about Warburton as mentioned earlier, a little risky but given the disaster we are why not.

Edited by villakram

We have last season's top scorer in the championship yet he flopped in the PL. Therefore it demonstrates the difference between the styles of play required. If we try to tip tap everywhere we'll get bullied. So we need someone with experience of how to compete down there. As long as we keep the strongest most consistent players and get someone in like Simon Grayson we'll be fine. 2 wingers, Gestede in the middle, 433 with 2 box to box midfielders arriving late would be a decent way to play. Struggling to think of anyone but Grayson actually.

• Like 1

Moyes all day for me if he wants it. Back him and he'll get us a hard working squad that fights for each other. His home record at Everton if I remember rightly was very good where as ours has been abysmal for years!! I don't think the rebuild is that big. Get rid of Gabby and Richards 1st and foremost. If Lescott wants to stay I'd let him as he is a leader and we will need a few next season. Hutton isn't any good but would be fine in the Championship. We need a keeper who the defence can trust and a mobile goalscorer. Then it's a case of replacing the ones who want to go. I think the biggest thing we need is team spirit which is sadly lacking. 

This echoes my thoughts EXACTLY. I don't care about Lescott's arse tweet if he proves to be our best defender next season next to Clark/ Baker.

Please - Moyes!

He would command the respect that we need a manager to have, he would also presumably attract a slightly better calibre of player than many of the other options would, which could also tempt a couple of players we actually want to keep to stay.

He'd also show the fans that this new board really means business. If they have any intention of righting the wrongs of this season, he MUST be our number 1 target.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The Fun Factory said:

Hungry manager over a past it one? Yes please.

Past it on what basis? He did a better job than Van Gaal under harder circumstances. In Spain he didnt do great but look at Neville. I think thats crazy to say he is past it

• Like 1

Grayson would be a good safe championship manager

But last time i looked we were looking to get promoted back to the premier league first time of asking

Edited by AshVilla

2 minutes ago, darrenm said:

I seem to remember it being Gestede at some point? Was he ever top scorer in the championship?

Not 100% sure if he was in early stages of season but he was even behind at end of the season to Jordan Rhodes  (his team mate at the time by 1 goal in the league)

Murphy got (27)

Deeney & Rhodes (21)

Ighalo & Gestede (20)

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Like 1

Grayson? Pearson?  FFS!

What's wrong with Grayson? A couple of seasons ago his Leeds were performing fantastically. Seems quite well rounded too. Not a nutter like Pearson.

Wouldn't be against Moyes, he has lots of experience anyway.

1 minute ago, darrenm said:

What's wrong with Grayson? A couple of seasons ago his Leeds were performing fantastically. Seems quite well rounded too. Not a nutter like Pearson.

Wouldn't be against Moyes, he has lots of experience anyway.

If we are going to go down the potential route I would rather have Rowett than Grayson

I think it has to be Moyes if the man is interested. Worry he would try to keep and play Agbonlahor, Richards and Lescott though.

I expect that Leicester fan that definitely wasn't Nigel Pearson :detect: to come back on here to convince us of his brilliance.