Next Manager/ Season

OneNightInRotterdam

The manager that I want:

• has a decent record in the transfer market
  • Is conversant with Championship/premier league
  • has a clear /coherent process of instilling method in to a team
  • has a tough ,durable character.....has presence.
  • Has a previous record of restructuring a squad.
  • has shown an understanding of being able to build balance in to a team.

thats my prerequisite.

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Im abit concerned about these reports about gary monk being a leading contender, as can see him being someone we would look at. He is too much of a risk. Very inexperienced and too much of a gamble which we have done way too much 

Moyes all day long

I would take Monk no problem. Did well at Swansea last season before he hit the buffers this year.

They've not exactly picked up hugely since he left, they were shocking v us.

If Moyes really wants the job though, it's him all day long.

9 minutes ago, TRO said:

The manager that I want:

• has a decent record in the transfer market
  • Is conversant with Championship/premier league
  • has a clear /coherent process of instilling method in to a team
  • has a tough ,durable character.....has presence.
  • Has a previous record of restructuring a squad.
  • has shown an understanding of being able to build balance in to a team.

thats my prerequisite.

Are you calling someone an Ostrich with that criteria? :D

• Like 1

On 21 March 2016 at 15:39, TRO said:

you see, here you go again, ridiculing someone elses opinion/analogy implying yours is sacrosanct.

2 hours ago, TRO said:
On 20 March 2016 at 12:37, NoelVilla said:

If our new "football board" appoints Pearson they all deserve to be sacked.

Absolutely ridiculous statement

:detect::)

• Like 1

It's another yes to Moyes from me.  I think he would crack the whip on the older players and also encourage youth.   Has something to prove and should have what it takes to get us promoted first attempt.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, S-Platt said:

It's another yes to Moyes from me.  I think he would crack the whip on the older players and also encourage youth.   Has something to prove and should have what it takes to get us promoted first attempt.

I think he would be a popular choice.

but he has had some iffy times since Everton.

However,he would tick so many boxes.

Edited by TRO

32 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Are you calling someone an Ostrich with that criteria? :D

Its only a wish list.

one piece of criteria would be something.

Edited by TRO

27 minutes ago, TRO said:

10 out of 10 for putting in the overtime.lol

take your point oooops.

To be fair, it is an absolutely ridiculous statement.

And you're quite right to call him out on it.

As I said yesterday, my first choice would be Dyche, but paying compensation again would be ridiculous with so many managers out of work.  I would be more than happy with Moyes though, as he must want to prove his doubters wrong.  I also wouldn't be disappointed to hear that Monk or Rogers had got the role.  We must surely still be an attractive proposition to many managers. 

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

Yea......but they are entitled to it.

it was naughty of me.

When you consider the condition of the board at Blues and what their manager has  acheived.

it makes you wonder?

I still and have and always felt...........Its the manager and his staff, that is really the crucial bit.

Ron Saunders had a s*** board.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TRO said:

When you consider the condition of the board at Blues and what their manager has  acheived.

it makes you wonder?

I still and have and always felt...........Its the manager and his staff, that is really the crucial bit.

Ron Saunders had a s*** board.

Would completely agree with you here TRO. A good manager and his team with 55m should have kept us in the division. Some managers work with pennies and still find a way to get results.  

• Like 3

Not sure on Moyes. Granted he did a good job at Everton but the last 2 jobs have been a disappointment. Having seen him on MOTD he just seems another jaded manager sprouting the same old football cliches. If Garde does go, we need someone with some energy and a burning desire to prove themselves. Does Moyes have that anymore?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Zatman said:

nope he is the worst manager in Villa history, his football is as bad as McLeish which is ironic as you were harshly against Eck when he played more "attacking" football than Garde

jackbauer pretty much nailed it on the head. The amount of shit he's had to deal with is unreal and the club was completely rotten to the core when he arrived. Nobody's saying he couldn't have done better or that he's been great for us but all this moaning about how terrible he is kind of gives off the impression that some people still can't see how bad things are at the club elsewhere.

8 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Not sure on Moyes. Granted he did a good job at Everton but the last 2 jobs have been a disappointment. Having seen him on MOTD he just seems another jaded manager sprouting the same old football cliches. If Garde does go, we need someone with some energy and a burning desire to prove themselves. Does Moyes have that anymore?

I have the same fear.

has he had too many reversals?

It zaps your energy and effervescence......the players pick up on it.

5 minutes ago, Mantis said:

jackbauer pretty much nailed it on the head. The amount of shit he's had to deal with is unreal and the club was completely rotten to the core when he arrived. Nobody's saying he couldn't have done better or that he's been great for us but all this moaning about how terrible he is kind of gives off the impression that some people still can't see how bad things are at the club elsewhere.

The true position, might be somewhere between both your points of view, which are apt.

Just now, TRO said:

I have the same fear.

has he had too many reversals?

It zaps your energy and effervescence......the players pick up on it.

I mean Moyes worked really hard at Everton and then properly got his dream job at United, the chosen son of Fergie to carry on the dynasty. It didn't work and once you have scaled those heights the view halfway back down the mountain will be a disappointment.  I can see him going to Celtic myself, or abroad again.

• Like 1