Next Manager/ Season

OneNightInRotterdam

I'd take Sean Dyche over Moyes in a heartbeat. Dyche has got Burnley promoted twice (nearly) they have a good showing in the Premier League. He's good with the press, and will be good with the fans and wouldn't even have to buy a new tie. 

If he can't do it with Burnley he can do it with us.

Moyes is tainted and overrated, I'd understand if he actually won something at Everton! 

8 hours ago, Woodytom said:

Fair enough but mata is hardly a run of the mill player, that you pull your nose up at signing nor stick out on the wing.

David moyes is terrified of losing. That's why he will never win anything. He is so Lorded by the media that his failings at manure was the first many ppl noticed of his weaknesses. Yet they were evident in my eyes at Everton. 

Everton fan I used to work with used to say the same thing, when Everton needed to win the bigger games he would crumble and go negative

1 hour ago, Mantis said:

Yeah, really. Although he may statistically be Villa's worst manager it's blatantly obvious that he's working blindfolded with both hands tied behind his back. If the way the club is run is improved then I'd like to see him given a chance but if it isn't then we're **** even with somebody like Moyes.

nope he is the worst manager in Villa history, his football is as bad as McLeish which is ironic as you were harshly against Eck when he played more "attacking" football than Garde

9 minutes ago, jackbauer24 said:

Can you genuinely not see past bad results = bad manager? It truly boggles my mind that some people think he's the worst manager ever based on his stint here. Not wanting him to stay or not particularly rating him is understandable but to judge him as the worst ever considering the HUGE mitigating circumstances really astounds me. Without meaning to sound rude, how can fans be that short sighted? It's almost as if they believe that a good manager is all you need and you'll win Champions League!

It's pretty much universally agreed that this is our worst ever Premier League squad. Most people now also recognise that the players simply aren't good enough either talent wise or attitude wise. It's not a case of tactics or training etc, these players just don't have it in them. And never will.

Could Garde have done better? Possibly, but who knows! The squad really is that bad. This squad has struggled for years and then sold it's only decent players (who also can't get game time at current club) and Garde didn't have a preseason, inherited the squad when it was struggling (confidence) and has bought ZERO players!

By all means, if he goes I won't shed a tear but he won't go down as the worst ever manager by a long shot in my eyes. Those spots are reserved for managers who did get a fair crack at it. Absolutely no manager in the world could have kept this squad up, I'm 100% convinced of that.

nobody has denied he has got **** over by the board but the performances under him have been sterile, flat and quite frankly embarrassing. Worst of all their has been absolute no improvement under him and we have gone backwards in last 2 months which I didnt think was even possible

I didnt expect him to keep up up when he joined but I didnt think he would sent us down so weakly 

It wouldn't matter if the manager was Remi Garde or Charlotte from Geordie Shore. When you have a squad this heartless and hopelessly shite, the results would be exactly the same and whoever the manager is would just be turd polishing.

22 hours ago, sne said:

If one considers Sherwood a blip in the system (as I do) it seems Scottish or French is the way we go.

Hollier

McLeish

Lambert

Garde

And K Mac as the go to caretaker. It all points to Moyes

If that's the example the French and Scottish is definitely not the way to go.

I will add Docherty and McNeil to the above

• Like 1

8 hours ago, supernova26 said:

Moyes is tainted and overrated, I'd understand if he actually won something at Everton! 

We don't need him to win anything. We need him to get us promoted and stabilise us in the league. In 3 seasons we can (and should) replace him if we're in a position to move forward. 
We shouldn't be trying to hire a manager who will be in charge for 10 years. That's an outdated approach, imo.

Dyche will probably be promoted again with Burnley so I can't see him coming to Villa, although I wouldn't be against it if he did.

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 1

Im abit concerned about these reports about gary monk being a leading contender, as can see him being someone we would look at. He is too much of a risk. Very inexperienced and too much of a gamble which we have done way too much 

Moyes all day long

Moyes would be a great appointment for this club at this time, I cannot understand why anyone could think otherwise. I do not know if he is gettable, but of all the names linked to us in the likely event that Garde leaves he is the one that I think could unify the dressing room quickest, and if necessary get the best out of the undesirables (Gabby, Richards, Richardson, Lescott etc) if as expected we don't have any takers for them.

I'd also take Dyche if we go for a young manager, he has the necessary experience in the championship.

I saw Monk linked earlier today, this would in my opinion be  a stupid appointment and way too much of a risk.

I'm still in the Garde camp, I'd like to see him given a summer to mould his own squad. 

That said, i think that next season everyone needs to be pulling in the same direction, fans included. So if (as seems to be the case) come the sunmer the general feeling is one of change it may be for the best. 

A few names I'd be happy with

- Dyche

- Rowett

- Moyes 

- Warburton 

Though it wasn't  intentional,  that is also probably the order I'd  put them in aswell.  

To be fair, statistically, Garde will be in the history books as Villa's worst ever manager. Whether people agree or not, facts are facts.

If you want to question the hand he's been dealt, it would also only be fair to go back though history looking at the players and transfer dealings of every Villa manager before drawing a fair and final conclusion as to who was the worst manager. That pretty much doesn't happen and that's why people are judged by stats. 

• Like 1

Yes to moyes he would bring maturity respect knowledge experience and hopefully his own back room staff and help rebuild this club because currently we are a embarrassment. Please read our results for this season it's shocking we not confirmed relegated by xmas

On 20 March 2016 at 12:37, NoelVilla said:

If our new "football board" appoints Pearson they all deserve to be sacked.

Absolutely ridiculous statement

Edited by TRO

17 hours ago, Nigel said:

I love to know whether the majority of Everton fans would welcome him back?

I imagine they wouldn't, but that's totally irrelevant to whether we should appoint him or not (not saying you were saying it was relevant)