Next Manager/ Season

OneNightInRotterdam

13 hours ago, Mantis said:

In terms of players that should be sold those 3 are pretty low down the list. Regardless of whether they go however the poison core of Lescott, Richards, Gabby etc need to be ruthlessly disposed of, even if that means sticking them in the reserves for the whole season.

I would go further. Put them on gardening leave, out of the club altogether, so that they can have no influence.

• Like 1

Just now, AntrimBlack said:

I would go further. Put them on gardening leave, out of the club altogether, so that they can have no influence.

That might have been what Bernsteim\King suggested. !

21 hours ago, KHV said:

It keeps policing costs and staff costs down, Leeds do the same thing too keeping one of their tiers shut

We once said when things were looking bleak "At least we're not Leeds!" but we cannot safely say that now. 

We are giving a passable impression of them now and will be playing them on a level playing field next season. We both have major money/owner problems, readily accept that we can no longer fill our grounds so no doubt other fans will soon start saying "At least we're not Villa!" :( 

• Like 1

So it seems we may have a lengthy wait for a new manager to be appointed. We will be looking for a manager who we have to pay no compensation for, who will accept a short contract and low salary compared to what we have previously offered for the job. So we will be likely to be looking for a manager who is currently out of work and still will be when we come to seriously look at appointing one or someone who has reached the end of their contract or been sacked between now and then. In between time we have players that want away and that we want rid of as well as players to bring in but this will no doubt (other than in the case of accepting the odd cash bid for players) be put on hold until this phantom sale of the club falls through. I guess that sad news will be made public either when the ST renewals deadline has expired or near the end of the transfer window. What a shambles we have become under this so called "custodian".   

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I have no doubt in my mind it's gonna be fist face or McCarthy after what's happened. Ca t see Pearson or espically moyes coming into this mess

I think both "fist face" and McCarthy would be decent appointments.

Not the best, by a long shot. But certainly not terrible. I'd prefer both of them over Pearson, personally.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, CarewsEyebrowDesigner said:

I don't think the manager will be appointed until a 'sale' has either gone through or fallen through. Any self-respecting manager would want assurances and at the moment we can't promise anything. So, yes, a bit of a wait.

I think we can pretty much promise we won't be taken over any time soon TBH

8 minutes ago, midian said:

Hopefully with Celtic after a manager it will push us forward to get Moyes in

I'd surmise that was the intention of Bernstain and King, and they came up against too many obstacles (Money, Lerner, Riley it would appear too) in order to implement their plans.

I am not expecting a Moyes announcement without the club being sold first, otherwise we have no budget to aim that high.

46 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I think both "fist face" and McCarthy would be decent appointments.

Not the best, by a long shot. But certainly not terrible. I'd prefer both of them over Pearson, personally.

Out of the two I would go for fistface but for me it's like choosing haemorrhoids or a weeks worth of diarrhoea. For me I would rather rowett, hughton or dyche ( if the latter two don't come up) if we aiming for someone in championship 

I think all bets are off now in regards to new manager after the resignations. If there is a take over we could end up Clarence Seedorf or Yakin coming in for all we know.... Or Simon Grayson.

Also with Deila leaving Celtic in the summer, Moyes would be a good fit there.

Yep - Moyes is a non starter now.  I don't expect any movement until the end of the season / takeover happens.

If (big if) a takeover does happen though it could completely alter the landscape for who we target.  eg not worrying about having to pay compensation, maybe looking internationally, etc.  In some ways I'd prefer to wait now and see who gets promotion - the choices may be a bit wider in a few weeks time.